PML or Mag-Tech?

Mag-Hytec Diff covers have a magnetic dipstick and has a port ready for a temp sender.

I don't know about the tranny pans. Two schools of thought on this one. The higher capacity will take longer to get hot....but it also takes longer to cool down.

I have heard that the coating retains heat....but I have had Mag-Hytec and now run PML...both are powdercoated. Never had an issue. Plus to me they look better coated. I don't like the "raw" look

I agree, I do not like the "raw" look....but it might help a bit on heat dissipation? I wonder if the O-ring on the Mag-Hytec is better than the OEM seal on the PML?

I just got a hag-tech trans pan, the double deep. It keep it cooler by about 25 deg. It has a port for the temp and like already mentioned it has a magnet on the drain plug. I looked at the pml, but the mag-tech looked better. Geno's had both. Either one would be good.

I agree, I do not like the "raw" look....but it might help a bit on heat dissipation? I wonder if the O-ring on the Mag-Hytec is better than the OEM seal on the PML?

I don't know... I've never heard of a rear end failing due to the cover being powdercoated. Maybe someone else has?....As far as the seal... a seal is a seal. The O-Ring might be cleaner during the install. The only benefit I see is the O-ring is re-usable if you ever have to take it off to inspect the internals. The downside is...if you damage the O-ring you will need to order another or keep an extra on hand or go with gasket maker anyway.

Back