Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- GM > GM Tech
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 01:16 AM   #1
01silver bullet

Name: 01silver bullet
Title: Washed up
Member`s Gallery
LBZ piston replacement

Well the wifes LBZ finally let the headgaskets go, so I'm pulling heads, gonna do gaskets, studs, turbo etc but I think I'd like to do pistons while I'm in it
Question
Can I just pull the rods/pistons and put new lb7 pistons/rings on the stock rods and put new rod bearings/bolts in and call it good?
I'm looking for a good reason why I can't, as far as I can think there shouldn't be a problem, there's nothing wrong with the motor except blown headgaskets I just don't want to crack an LBZ piston, keep in mind the most truck will see is maybe 650 with the turbo (probly 4094vvt) and maybe around 40% nozzles, so I figure the stock LBZ rods and some Mahle lb7 pistons should hold up fine for around 600hp
Tell me what you think please! I don't want to tear the block down for machining I'll be at the end of my budget with pistons

Siskiyou Diesel Performance

Old 02-26-2013, 10:33 PM   #2
JD4440

Name: JD4440
Title: Stuck @ 508
Member`s Gallery
it has to be balanced as an assembly IIRC. since the pistons weigh differently it will have to be rebalanced.
508hp/1100tq, 12.26 @ 107.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentnell :
Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them.

Closed Thread