Cp3 leaking fuel?

Also, will the old 12 valve timing kit gear puller work on the cp3 gear, and does then pump need phased or anything during the install?

I've always used a regular jaw puller. It's probably not going to be super tight, you can even keep the nut threaded on a few turns and whack it with a mallet while holding the pump by the gear. No timing necessary

Probably the o'ring between the two housings on cp3, common rebuild would fix issue. We check injectors for $40 each. We also rebuild them.

Also, will the old 12 valve timing kit gear puller work on the cp3 gear, and does then pump need phased or anything during the install?

Not saying it can't be done otherwise, but we have a gear puller designed for the CP3. There is no timing or clocking involved on the installation.

I used a $10 autozone steering wheel puller...keep an eye on the lock washer behind the nut.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

This pretty common leak I’ve had 2 07.5 truck leak on the cp3 like your description. We had no other issues other than putting new cp3’s on

Got the cp3 and the fleece in tank lift pump installed, the truck runs a little stronger, also did head studs and some manton valve springs tonight. What's next?

Back