Mounting issue

canadiandiesel

Went to go install a dd 3850 comp clutch into a 03 dodge 3500, installed the shift fork installed the throw out bearing with the 1/4" spacer welded to it,

installed the transmission into the truck and it slid in till the last 1/8" sucked in the rest (bad I know)

checked fork play and I got 0 nothing nada, shouldn't I have 1/4" or 1/2" fork play because the throw out bearing is pushing in the 4 fingers?

Are you guys open Monday? Or is it a holiday there as well?

I'm lost and need help please

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Some transmissions require the washer be removed below the pivot ball. Did you install a modified shift fork that came with the clutch kit? Did you check to see if clutch plates slid on input shaft splines before installation?

I removed the washer and verified the plates moving, I'm wondering if the throw out bearing is the wrong one

I have not installed a clutch in a 3rd gen truck. I question the t/o bearing with the welded on spacer.

I called and sent pictures as requested, however was told to get the stock throw out bearing but I'll wait till tomorrow to get the verification from them

Peter is down right awesome, I have to ship the clutch to him and everything will be solved for what's happening, long story short make sure you know the company that sells stuff.

Awesome customer service hands down

Back