S366 Borg Warner Box Turbo vs. Bullseye

i just bought an out of the box s366 and bolted on an ed 14cm housing. so far i am very impressed. i pretty much built a silver bullet for $1200

I'm confused about the 4.21" v-band turbine exhaust outlet. Is this the same 4" v-band outlet a t4 s400 charger employs or is this an hx40 outlet? Anyone know if anything special would have to happen regarding the oil drain or supply to work on a 12v? The wheels keep turningLOL

its a full marmon flange, you can get the flanges for about $10 or have the housing milled to accept the hx 40 flange.

its a full marmon flange, you can get the flanges for about $10 or have the housing milled to accept the hx 40 flange.

Possible to weld an hx40 flange to a marmon flange with the flange faces facing away from each other to make an adapter so no permanent changes would need to be made to the turbine housing or the down pipe?

Possible to weld an hx40 flange to a marmon flange with the flange faces facing away from each other to make an adapter so no permanent changes would need to be made to the turbine housing or the down pipe?

No, the hx40 is a half marmon, the full marmon looks like the hx 40 and the down pipe flange when attached. the full marmon exhaust flange is basically a piece of 16g exhaust pipe the the end flared out.

I have a stupid question. say i have a turbo thats shot out. how hard would it be to replace the cartridge, shaft and wheels, and a service kit? i know it can be done, people do it every day but is as difficult as made out?

I have a stupid question. say i have a turbo thats shot out. how hard would it be to replace the cartridge, shaft and wheels, and a service kit? i know it can be done, people do it every day but is as difficult as made out?

Depends on the damage. If the internals are shot, just replace the cartridge. If a wheel is damaged, balancing may be required and its not something you can do yourself.

So whats better? the .88 A/R version or the .91? both with 73mm exducer. Its like a 350-400 dollar difference on the diesel plus site.

Im trying to keep as much spool as possible, but I can sacrifice for more power.

smaller housing will spool quicker, but choke sooner as well

bigger housing wont spool as fast, but wont choke on top

So whats better? the .88 A/R version or the .91? both with 73mm exducer. Its like a 350-400 dollar difference on the diesel plus site.

Im trying to keep as much spool as possible, but I can sacrifice for more power.

.88 is undivided, .91 is divided, iirc.

So what do the .88 and .91 work out in centimeters? I Don't want a bigger housing than the 16cm I have right now.

Search
The other turbo i was looking at with the .88 A/R

On edit: The description given for the link above says the exhaust wheel is clipped but also has the smaller .88 A/R, thats probably most of the 350 dollar difference.

So what do the .88 and .91 work out in centimeters? I Don't want a bigger housing than the 16cm I have right now.

Search
The other turbo i was looking at with the .88 A/R

On edit: The description given for the link above says the exhaust wheel is clipped but also has the smaller .88 A/R, thats probably most of the 350 dollar difference.

0.9 A/R on an S300 is about a "16".

I'd imagine the divided housing spools faster? And the .88 A/R should be around a a 15? Is there really that much difference in spool between the two?

Who has run the .88 vs the .91?

Sorry for the derail here, just thinking pretty serious on this turbo.

I'd imagine the divided housing spools faster? And the .88 A/R should be around a a 15? Is there really that much difference in spool between the two?

Who has run the .88 vs the .91?

Sorry for the derail here, just thinking pretty serious on this turbo.

Divided housing would spool better...I haven't used them so I can't put a number on it. I'd bet that the gain you might see going from the 0.91 to 0.88 would be negated by the fact that its not divided. $.02

.85 A/R is about a 15.

Back