Fitting a Mack rack plug

The stock rack plug limits the injection duration. A 2095 rack plug allows more duration which equals more fuel.

In lay-man's terms, a rack plug lets the injectors spray longer.

If your 160, 180, or 215 pumped vehicle has enough extra air, adding a 2095 rack plug will add more horsepower.

The stock rack plug limits the injection duration. A 2095 rack plug allows more duration which equals more fuel.

In lay-man's terms, a rack plug lets the injectors spray longer.

If your 160, 180, or 215 pumped vehicle has enough extra air, adding a 2095 rack plug will add more horsepower.

To add to this the 215 pump is sensitive to timing with the addition of the rack plug. 25* is a minimum if you want more power from this mod in a 215 pump because of the plunger design.

Thanks big blue so with a stock charger it's useless then and just an intak?

If you are not running a fuel plate, and you have have modified the AFC for full rack travel, you will get more power with this modification.

Basically there is a "rack" in the pump that controls the duration of injection. The stock plate limits rack travel which limits duration (how long the injectors spray). The afc also controls rack travel and it limits rack travel based on boost pressure. The AFC in stock form cannot travel far enough to allow full rack travel. In stock form, the AFC does move far enough to where the stock fuel plate limits rack travel.

Stock 160 HP
Remove the plate about 200 HP
Modify the AFC with Plate removed about 230 HP
Remove plate, modify AFC, add rack plug about 260-280 HP.

If you are running larger than stock injectors, you probably have the stock turbo maxed out and adding a rack plug will only add 10-20 HP along with a bunch of smoke and late fuel burning in the exhaust tract.

sspeedemonss, sorry that i asked a question that was only commented on previously. didn't know that only two peoples opinion applied. guess EVERYBODY has the same result seeing how every truck is the same and all. thanks for all of the incredible advise. man your awesome

I don't think Garrett was trying to be a d*ck to you even if it sounded that way.

I'm running 26* and have been for almost a year on the stock cam. I haven't heard of anyone having trouble with any amount of timing on any cam as well.

I want to install a mack plug. I need to take my pump off and have it benched eventually, so I will install it then and save my timing case from the grinder. With my luck, I'm positive I would ruin the case if I tried to grind it.

how did my post make me a dlck? he asked a question and i showed him the answer.

Garrett

ok so my dads truck we have no plate in it now nodded the afc and put a boost elbow and closed it the truck will barley make 26 psi and has no black smoke acts like a bran new truck. We have checked for boost leaks and nothing check the afc to see if it was messed up and it's good so is the pump going out?

If you are not running a fuel plate, and you have have modified the AFC for full rack travel, you will get more power with this modification.

Basically there is a "rack" in the pump that controls the duration of injection. The stock plate limits rack travel which limits duration (how long the injectors spray). The afc also controls rack travel and it limits rack travel based on boost pressure. The AFC in stock form cannot travel far enough to allow full rack travel. In stock form, the AFC does move far enough to where the stock fuel plate limits rack travel.

Stock 160 HP
Remove the plate about 200 HP

Modify the AFC with Plate removed about 230 HP
Remove plate, modify AFC, add rack plug about 260-280 HP.

If you are running larger than stock injectors, you probably have the stock turbo maxed out and adding a rack plug will only add 10-20 HP along with a bunch of smoke and late fuel burning in the exhaust tract.

Sounds like there is something else amiss on your dads truck. Have you checked the fuel pressure to the injection pump?

how did my post make me a dlck? he asked a question and i showed him the answer.

Garrett

:what:

I didn't think you sounded like a d*ck at all Garrett. He was a little offended at your response and I was defending you because I know you weren't trying to be a one.

Sorry for the confusion if there was any.

Sounds like there is something else amiss on your dads truck. Have you checked the fuel pressure to the injection pump?

yes sir. i have some friends with 12v and they make good power but no one can give me an answer. were goin to check the timeing you think that would help? the only way it blows some coal if you brake stand and its not much then u cant see it cause to much with smoke from the tires.

:what:

I didn't think you sounded like a d*ck at all Garrett. He was a little offended at your response and I was defending you because I know you weren't trying to be a one.

Sorry for the confusion if there was any.

i would still like to know why he was offended by my 3 word post? i simply answered the question that he asked with a previous quote. schitt, if i was a dlck because of that post he isnt going to like some of the other guys on comp.

Garrett

i would still like to know why he was offended by my 3 word post? i simply answered the question that he asked with a previous quote. schitt, if i was a dlck because of that post he isnt going to like some of the other guys on comp.

Garrett

I'm not sure why he was offended either. And I guess it's a good thing guys like DTanklage were banned from here otherwise there would be much worse things said to him.

Just a little FYI for anyone that is going to do the Mack rack plug mod, but hasn't bought one yet... Alot of performance shops I'm told sell these for about $20 bucks, I ordered mine today from the Bosch shop by my house for $9 and some change... I'm all about saving a few bucks ;)

Just a little FYI for anyone that is going to do the Mack rack plug mod, but hasn't bought one yet... Alot of performance shops I'm told sell these for about $20 bucks, I ordered mine today from the Bosch shop by my house for $9 and some change... I'm all about saving a few bucks ;)

Amen to that. Pure diesel power sells them pretty cheap too. $12.95 right here

Brett at TNT-Power gave me a packaged deal price that included 4k GSK, 60lb Valve Springs, and 2095 Plug for a GREAT price.

As cheap as I am, a great price doesn't happen often.

The best part of the deal fo me is that I can hit the Bosch shop with a arched bow shot, lol. I could walk there if I want... Beats waiting for the mailman :)

Back