Is this right?????

kuntryboy369

"That Guy"
i have a dd3600 on my nv4500. the other day my battery died, so i had to roll start it. i put the truck in gear, pressed the clutch, and nothing happened. i pulled the shifter in nutral, and the truck stated to roll. i pressed the clutch again, dropped it back into gear, and the truck slowed down (eventyaly stopped).

truck was on a slight grade. the clutch is a 6 button, diaphragm style. i have sb hydros. the pedal has a few inches of travel between the floor and when you feel it engauge.

is the clutch fully releasing fully?? am i being paranoid? whats going on here??? any help would be apperciated. :thankyou2:

Can you replicate the problem? Maybe your hydros are going out or you may have been over analyzing because of the dead battery.

i didnt try to replicate it, i probably should have.

i have been playing with the petal linkage a little. i added a few turns to the linkage, and tryed to repeat the conditions. it seemed to help, but now has an annoying amount out "pre-travel".

failing hydros was another thought i had. you maybe right...

i dont think im over thinking it... i do tend to over think things, that was one of my reasons for asking.

When mine is on flat ground it will roll forward about two inches when I put it in gear with the clutch pushed in all the way (SB dual disc), but won't continue to roll until I engage it.

hua... mine dose that too. maybe nothing is wrong.

if the clutch wansnt fully releasing there wouldnt be much pre travel (if any), and it wouldnt shift correctly.

Back