Any downfalls to water injection??

BIGRPOWR

SBTTFMF
have a buddy with an 05' LLY who tows a big toyhauler, he asked if there were any downfalls to water. i really couldnt answer that. any help would be great. thanks.

Not really any downfalls if its setup properly. Most recommend to shut if off at least five minutes before you shut off the truck to evaporate all the water to keep from having rust problems. The snow system that has the boost and egt activation is nice.

Just keep it under a 50/50 mix Mike. I talked at length with Matt Snow about it before my pull to and from San Diego. I loved the water. Using straight water actually gives you less cooling, because the mix of Meth delays Quench. It also gives you a noticeable HP increase. I ran no chit, well over 200 gallons through mine and honestly it runs better now than it ever has.

Injected water does end up in the oil. More at low RPMs and boost levels. Typically the water boils out of the oil, and it is important to run distilled water to avoid oil contamination. I have made milk shake in my crankcase and oil analyses have confirmed mineral contamination when using tap water.

I seriously doubt that constantly watering down oil is that great for longevity. But I would guess that regular combustion water regularly ends up the oil too, so it might not be that big of a problem.

I'd like more Oil People to weigh in on the problem, but I know that I am done playing with water while cruising in attempts to improve mileage. It doesn't come on below 1100 degrees now.

Back