Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Starting Line > Drag Racing
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Drag Racing Where ALL Racers are Welcome- From ET Bracket, all the way to ProStreet and Top Diesel!

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2018, 06:14 PM   #21
RacinDuallie

Name: RacinDuallie
Title: Black Sheep Racing
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snedge View Post
True. I was wondering WTF?
Wondering what Weston has to say.

Old 05-15-2018, 06:22 PM   #22
95cummins5.9

Name: 95cummins5.9
Title: Old man ***** gossiper
Member`s Gallery
Not watching a pyrometer much? That doesn't happen from just incorrect spray pattern in 300 miles bub.

Old 05-15-2018, 06:36 PM   #23
Smokem

Name: Smokem
Title: Turbler
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacinDuallie View Post
Wondering what Weston has to say.
There was no direct contact made to me about this until I saw the thread, I reached out to Wayne about said issue. He refused to send the injectors back to me for inspection, even though I offered to replace the injector with whatever he deemed necessary to warrant his needs.

Seth had previously inspected them and I contacted him to discuss, I don't see either of our opinions being held to much of a standard based on the title of this thread. I have a long standing reputation of which I do not take claims like this lightly, but there is only so much I can do when the customer refuses to cooperate, and only wants to hear answers that align with the opinion he has already formed.

Old 05-15-2018, 06:40 PM   #24
Smokem

Member`s Gallery
I should add, I no longer have any interest in arguing with people on this forum. My offer to help right the situation in any way I can stands.

Old 05-15-2018, 06:58 PM   #25
RonA

Name: RonA
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
I doubt anyone will pay any attention to this thread from here on out Weston.

Old 05-15-2018, 07:35 PM   #26
Rich dzl

Name: Rich dzl
Title: 12v guru
Member`s Gallery
A 370 Marine injector sprays on the outside of stock cummins bowl , and thousands of them have been ran with no damage.. I realize most dont remember those days..

Old 05-15-2018, 07:55 PM   #27
RacinDuallie

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokem View Post
There was no direct contact made to me about this until I saw the thread, I reached out to Wayne about said issue. He refused to send the injectors back to me for inspection, even though I offered to replace the injector with whatever he deemed necessary to warrant his needs.

Seth had previously inspected them and I contacted him to discuss, I don't see either of our opinions being held to much of a standard based on the title of this thread. I have a long standing reputation of which I do not take claims like this lightly, but there is only so much I can do when the customer refuses to cooperate, and only wants to hear answers that align with the opinion he has already formed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokem View Post
I should add, I no longer have any interest in arguing with people on this forum. My offer to help right the situation in any way I can stands.
See. I knew your were a stand up guy. That's why I have your injectors in my build and why I recommend you.

Old 05-15-2018, 08:46 PM   #28
95cummins5.9

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich dzl View Post
A 370 Marine injector sprays on the outside of stock cummins bowl , and thousands of them have been ran with no damage.. I realize most dont remember those days..
What was it a wise man once said? Why use that little bowl when you can use the whole cylinder?

Old 05-16-2018, 12:28 AM   #29
WAYNES WORLD

Name: WAYNES WORLD
Member`s Gallery
jasonc,
yes that's the correct timing--------

Mudn 1,
Snedge,

yes------that's who and what happened-----

WAYNES WORLD

Old 05-16-2018, 12:42 AM   #30
WAYNES WORLD

Member`s Gallery
Testing 12v pump & injectors

95Cummins59,

driving to break in a motor?

Weston NEVER asked me to replace my defective injectors! Yes he talked in PM's, and I listened but thats where it ends. Mistakes were definitely made in the making of these injectors. I was told this set up in another truck passed emissions--------see photo--------you be the judge------
have a nice day,

WAYNES WORLD
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0019.jpg (89.5 KB, 0 views)

Old 05-16-2018, 12:44 AM   #31
Ackerdiesel

Name: Ackerdiesel
Member`s Gallery
So you seriously expect anyone to believe that 300 normal break in miles was all it took to kill that engine? Because “the wrong spray pattern was used” but yet people put thousands of miles on trucks with 370s and the pump cranked to the moon? Am I understanding right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
BD Diesel Performance
Diesel Performance Converters
Pro Street Diesel
Drivelines Plus
Done Right Diesel Performance
Firepunk

Old 05-16-2018, 03:36 AM   #32
WAYNES WORLD

Member`s Gallery
Akerdiesel,
It's nice that chime in without knowing everything involved. But I forget you know everything about my motor------13mm pump, 5 x 18 with lift should wet your appetite. I'll await an independent analysis of my injectors before I finish this event.Did you bother to look at the cylinder? Can you tell me what happened thru your crystal ball?
WAYNES WORLD

Old 05-16-2018, 06:11 AM   #33
95cummins5.9

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAYNES WORLD View Post
Akerdiesel,
It's nice that chime in without knowing everything involved. But I forget you know everything about my motor------13mm pump, 5 x 18 with lift should wet your appetite. I'll await an independent analysis of my injectors before I finish this event.Did you bother to look at the cylinder? Can you tell me what happened thru your crystal ball?
WAYNES WORLD
13mm yada yada, what turbo setup, ptw clearance, wrong end gap, oh and i would like to see what those squirters under the pistons look like..

Old 05-16-2018, 07:00 AM   #34
Snedge

Name: Snedge
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
I see we are not talking about bees anymore.

Damn, that cylinder got super hot, then died a horrible death. How'd the other pistons look?

Old 05-16-2018, 09:35 AM   #35
Smokem

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Weston NEVER asked me to replace my defective injectors! Yes he talked in PM's, and I listened but thats where it ends.
I don't believe you have listened to a single thing I have tried to say yet. It appears as though there are other factors at play judging by the amount of haze shown in your attached image.

I would bet good money the injection timing is not where you assume it to be. I can't count the amount of times an injector has been blamed for incorrect timing and related issues. Click the image to open in full size.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Old 05-16-2018, 02:22 PM   #36
biggy238

Name: biggy238
Member`s Gallery
It's that ****ing Yoda prose that threw him off 😁

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

05.5 Campanella White TDi Jetta 5spd 45.5MPG
-Little Sexy
'10 Silver F250 CCLB 4X4 6.4L cummins Swapped
Insta @trash.panda250

Old 05-17-2018, 12:39 PM   #37
TheHammer

Name: TheHammer
Title: broke
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Akerdiesel,
WAYNES WORLD
For someone who seemingly knows it all. Why don't you make the set yourself? Then you can be 100% satisfied. Weston is a stand up guy, you aren't going to find anyone else better or more informative. This post isn't helping your needs any, I'm guessing most of us won't do business with you. It's rare in today's industry to have a guy stand behind his work 100% and cover cost. Maybe when your head shrinks some there will be enough give for you can wrap it around understanding such a concept. Weston's been involved in projects beyond your comprehension. So like any business owner he deserves the opportunity to work with his customers on possible solutions to their potential issues.

Old 05-17-2018, 06:34 PM   #38
DISTURBED

Name: DISTURBED
Title: YEA WE RIDE THE SHORT BUS
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Guys,

Weston made my last set of injectors which were drilled at the wrong angle !This is the second motor destroyed by the wrong spray pattern. Those injectors sprayed outside the bowl. This time I have a 4 x 4 hole in the block. Thus, I will be buying elsewhere-------Thanks but No Thanks.
I'll talk with Infinite Performance.

WAYNES WORLD

What did the other 5 cylinders look like. If it was incorrect spray angle the other 5 will tell the tail. If it's wrong timing they will show it as well. Judging by the white haze your timing isn't at 24*. My puller at 40* and 5x25's doesn't haze that bad.

01 CTD Retired sled puller, dedicated "Twin Turbo" tow rig
96 CTD "TOO" Disturbed 3.0 - Built by Disturbed Diesel Performance
96 CTD "The Sickness" 2.6/2.8- Built by Disturbed Diesel Performance

Old 05-17-2018, 07:08 PM   #39
RacinDuallie

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DISTURBED View Post
What did the other 5 cylinders look like. If it was incorrect spray angle the other 5 will tell the tail. If it's wrong timing they will show it as well. Judging by the white haze your timing isn't at 24*. My puller at 40* and 5x25's doesn't haze that bad.
This right here.

Old 05-17-2018, 07:44 PM   #40
WAYNES WORLD

Member`s Gallery
Testing 12v pump & injectors

TheHammer,

First, all I asked for was a place to independent place to check my injectors
Second, I don't give a **** about what you have to say
Third, Since I'm not an authority on injectors, I would not attempt to make them. That is why I go to others to get a professional opinion. No one should only rely on one person's opinion because it would be biased. Anyone who makes something for the public should welcome a second opinion. Just to learn if a better product can be made.
Forth, The timing is set in the pump, not by me !!!
Fifth, The cost of my motor will not be covered by anyone but me. That is why I can't have another failure.
Sixth, Why would you go back to a company that doesn't ask what you intend to do with your motor before a finished product is delivered.Street/Show trucks are different than all pulling/race trucks. But a man of your intelligence wouldn't ask that either.
So have a nice day------

WAYNES WORLD

Closed Thread