I did a donut...

Hey guys.

Probably wasn't the best idea to do it in the parking lot.

I made a point to not "tear up the parking lot". I made sure I didn't sit still to burn into the pavement. In a few rains it will wash away.

It's been a week exactly. If I get a ticket so be it. It was illegal, but so is a 500HP truck, 'cause it sure ain't gonna pas inspection. Everybody has there limits on what they will justify doing illegally.

As far as safe. In the video, it looks like it's a tiny place, but really it wasn't. It was about 1 in the morning.

Would I do it again? Not there, and I would try to avoid places like that again, but I did it.

I started off in 4th gear. The tires I had were takeoffs with 60% tread remaining. After the video they were all baldies.

So,,,, Thunder in Muncie? Tell me more. PM me. I'll have to do some drifting up there before I get rid of my beast for a '10...

Thanks for the props guys. Seriously cool.

Sorry if I gave the diesel industry a bad name using a public lot. Maybe I should edit the video....

Merrick

i enjoyed it, it was in an empty parking lot and not in the middle of a busy parking lot or intersection like so many of the videos i see on youtube that are done in the middle east. Plus its not like he was blowing smoke inside of a walmart or anything like that video posted a few months back.

for pete's sake, you think the gas crowd hasn't gone through this bull****e before? Get effin real man.

Nice burn out. I like the truck. Looks like that flat bed slings you around pretty quick! At least you weren't on the streets foggin' out other folks. I'll cut you some slack on this one. :D

That was rad.Sounds like there are people still pissed off at the guy that did the burnouts at Ts that had the cops mess with dj and viv. You diesel guys that say you get enough **** back there meaning back east try living in cali you have no idea how bad it is.

I think I'm gonna post here more often.

It's amazing to me how many people know, or remember me.. Even with my 5 posts here, LOL.

What's goin' on guys? Yall are awesome.:rockwoot:

Merrick

It's amazing to me how many people know, or remember me.. Even with my 5 posts here, LOL.

Merrick

What rock did you crawl out from under stranger?!?:hehe:

Now you can't be doing that crap we got :rules: ....

:hehe:

You still got stack'd n jack'd?!?!:what:

Merrick

DUDE.. I remember way back when I got started on DTR...you were there doing stuff like this back then too:hehe::hehe:

Good to see you back around!
Chris

The only way that donut would be gayer would be if you still had a bed on that truck and bullhaulers on the outside of the bed. Like this guy. :kick:

merrick.jpg

Yea, where is that old 98 12V 4x4?

wayne

its a was nice burnout, i give you credit for doing it when the parking lot was empty, and believe me i have seen it done with a full parking lot....idiots, but your right after it rains a few times the marks will be gone.

What rock did you crawl out from under stranger?!?:hehe:

Now you can't be doing that crap we got :rules: ....

:hehe:

You still got stack'd n jack'd?!?!:what:

LOL. Rules? Always had a hard time with those...

Stack'd n Jack'd? Whoo. Yah. It's in the siggy, but it might be gone soon for a modded '06.

Would you believe that I bought it with 98,xxx Miles in '03, and as of right now it has 109,449?

DUDE.. I remember way back when I got started on DTR...you were there doing stuff like this back then too:hehe::hehe:

Good to see you back around!
Chris

Hey Chris, Thanks. I've been around, fallin' in and out of the game. Hopefully I can get a newer dually.. We'll see how much the bank likes me. hopefully they like me more than Academy does, LOL.

The only way that donut would be gayer would be if you still had a bed on that truck and bullhaulers on the outside of the bed. Like this guy. :kick:

merrick.jpg

Yea, where is that old 98 12V 4x4?

wayne

Wayne, Where did you get that picture from? Wow, you're diggin' deep for that one! I remember that, Thunder in Muncie. I was trying to figure out why my turbo wouldn't spool up if I remember right. Turned out to be a poorly machined exhaust housing... Oh well.

wayne, you still shiftin' gears pullin' the sled? LOL.

Merrick

Would you believe that I bought it with 98,xxx Miles in '03, and as of right now it has 109,449?
Merrick

Yes I would..........because you always had the damn thing torn apart fixing something you broke rather than being able to drive it!:hehe::eek:wned:

Holy cow. Welcome back to earth elvis. I've been wondering what happened to you, haven't seen or heard from you since back in the day at ADM and TDR.

Umm, I don't sled pull.
11,000 miles. Does it still have that stage 5 tranny?

Coulda swore you were the one I saw in '03 sled pull and shift gears halfway down the track.. No? A green reg. cab. with jr. west coast mirrors?

That ATS trans burned up behind a stock 12v that had no plate... So, I put a built trans from John Isaacs behind it. So much better of a trans...

ADM? Wow. I just searched for that. Crazy. I had forgotten all about that one. Last posts were all in '08. haha

JoeFarmer.. How ya been. Crazy. Sorry I shipped that cam back without any packaging material. I sincerely hope it didn't cost you the core...

Mark, Yah. It actually sat Parked for about 2 years with a blown motor 'cause I went broker than broke. I sold the truck, but the guy never paid me for it, so i had to pick it back up.
I've still got that old motor I had in it. The motor I bought it with spun a rod bearing when I revved it to the moon during a burnout at the track... 50/55MPH in 1st gear doing a burnout, with the converter unlocked... I had the motor rebuilt, and then 900 miles later I burned up the injection pump and blew a headgaket or oil cooler... No water in teh oil, but oil in the water..

Merrick

Back