Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Starting Line > Sled Pulling
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Sled Pulling From Street to Pro-Mod, get your Sled Pulling fix here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 09:26 PM   #1
blackrocktrucks

Name: blackrocktrucks
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
F106 3rd member cad drawing

Hey guys sorry to post this being my first post, but does anyone know of a cad file with the 3rd section bolt pattern and center line of the ring gear? im looking tono designing my own axle housings. thanks kyle

Old 07-17-2010, 09:00 AM   #2
RyanB

Name: RyanB
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrocktrucks View Post
Hey guys sorry to post this being my first post, but does anyone know of a cad file with the 3rd section bolt pattern and center line of the ring gear? im looking tono designing my own axle housings. thanks kyle
No offence but this is going to be nearly impossible information for guys to just hand you! I have it drawn up in ACAD (did it my self last year) and it took about 8 hours to perfect the location of all the holes and gear clearance.

Good luck...Ryan

Old 07-17-2010, 10:40 AM   #3
SuperSonic

Name: SuperSonic
Title: El Vato
Member`s Gallery
X2 I've got one for 106, GM military, and 172, but I'm not giving it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn859 View Post
Sometimes I feel like giving up....then I remember I have a lot of motherfukkers to prove wrong.

Old 07-17-2010, 07:48 PM   #4
rawdog

Name: rawdog
Member`s Gallery
why dont you guys sell it to him instead of throwing it in his face like a bunch of ****ing 4 year olds

Old 07-17-2010, 08:07 PM   #5
RyanB

Name: RyanB
Member`s Gallery
[QUOTE=rawdog;1169205]why dont you guys sell it to him instead of throwing it in his face like a bunch of ****ing 4 year olds[/QUOTE

I am going to jump out on a limb here but if you are going thru the time and expense of building your own sheet metal rear ends like SuperSonic and I have....it only makes sense that you would take a little more time to draw out the bolt patern on your own and figure out everything else out on your own. I would hate to supply someone with measurements/drawings and they go and get stuff water jetted or machines and all the holes are off!!!!

Now, one other issue I have with your statement and his original question...its not like we came out and said "Screw you, figure it out your self!!!" we both just stated that this is almost impossible info to get....very much like all the other diesel secrets that very few know about!!!

Ryan

Old 07-18-2010, 10:21 AM   #6
SuperSonic

Name: SuperSonic
Title: El Vato
Member`s Gallery
Yep, And i dont see where it's helping me any to give someone that is potentially going to be my competition any sort of jump start.
Try calling any other diesel/machine/fab shop and ask them to let you in on all their secrets. Isn't going to happen.

To Kyle, good luck buddy. It isn't too awfully hard to figure it out, and it doesn't hurt to learn to reverse engineer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn859 View Post
Sometimes I feel like giving up....then I remember I have a lot of motherfukkers to prove wrong.

Old 07-20-2010, 04:28 PM   #7
2wpuller

Name: 2wpuller
Title: letting the smoke fly
Member`s Gallery
I agree with Chris and Ryan
Sponsors
GoerendTransmission
Haisley Machine
MCS MidwestPerformanceDiesel
ShowMePerformance
Snow Performance