Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Starting Line > Sled Pulling
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Sled Pulling From Street to Pro-Mod, get your Sled Pulling fix here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 08:16 AM   #281
zstroken

Name: zstroken
Title: For $$$ your name here
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drasko View Post
outlaw, youre taking it the wrong way. im not talking about someone not being able to get into the damned sport. Im talking about things like the NHRA that have SPECS your vehicle is built to that narrow the field in every class. Im not even saying you have to LOWER HP at all!

Im just saying there should be better division points and rules to BUILD a truck to. I myself are tired of seeing the *****ing and whining. Im saying class the whiney *****es together in the 500hp small charger class and keep the big dogs with the big dogs.

Do you see what im saying outlaw? im not *****ing, hell i dont give a flying phuck as none of this even concerns me! I couldnt care less about someone crying that they got their ass spanked by 100ft or more. Im just putting my in on how to keep people WHERE they belong and that includes the small guys out of the big boy classes.

While I have had the same thoughts about making more rules to make the field interesting, the truth is they barely tech the trucks now, more rules/specs won't help.
You will have folks build legal trucks, and then have folks who cheat.
24V P-Pump Mafia member #1(retired)

Thanks to Mumau Diesel, Goerend Transmission, Northeast Diesel Service!

Old 04-22-2011, 08:40 AM   #282
Drasko

Name: Drasko
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
i completely agree outlaw. im just saying that there ARE some guys taking advantage of the workstock that should be somewhere else and this should help it. I do think that as our sport progresses, there will be restrictions put on the larger classes just like pro mod and other big name sports like the top fuelers and funny cars in the NHRA. It will help flush out the little guys that shouldnt be there too.
96 2500 ECLB 4x4 auto beater slow truck
96 3500 ECLBSW4x4 being rebuilt

Old 04-22-2011, 08:43 AM   #283
Drasko

Name: Drasko
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
theres cheating in every sport no matter what. its all a matter of what you can get away with and how. and hopefully one of these days, teching will actually happen and be thorough but i doubt that ever happens. our sports not big enough for that. In all honesty, we need to move away from the county fair thing.
96 2500 ECLB 4x4 auto beater slow truck
96 3500 ECLBSW4x4 being rebuilt

Old 04-22-2011, 11:13 AM   #284
Smokem

Name: Smokem
Title: Turbler
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkBroviak View Post
The only thing I haven't tried is to put the restrictor on an S366 to see what happens. If I get to I will do it to see the difference.
I for one would appreciate this.

Old 04-27-2011, 10:25 AM   #285
Smoke

Name: Smoke
Title: VP Puller Playin Catch-Up
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkBroviak View Post
Yes, it dropped the boost by 15psi and egts went up and it smoked like a freighttrain. I am now sure that it will actually hurt the power of a big turbo more than an S366 makes. I just did 850HP 1600ftlbs on an S366 on fuel only and so far the best run with the restrictor tube was mid to upper 700hp range. The only thing I haven't tried is to put the restrictor on an S366 to see what happens. If I get to I will do it to see the difference. Regardless my average Clipped 2.6 trucks this year are all north of 800rwhp so all this rule changing did was take 10 years off my life with all the stress, thanks.
Mark,

I'm not making 850 hp, but I can drop off my truck before I take off my Silver Bullet and let you run it for whatever tests you want. I'm going with some variant of S400 in the very near future but haven't decided what to go with and was wanting to talk to Weston first but haven't been able to reach him. Plus it'd be a good chance to see how it chokes out an S300 vs an S400 on the same truck on the same day.

Closed Thread