Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Starting Line > Sled Pulling
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

Sled Pulling From Street to Pro-Mod, get your Sled Pulling fix here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 08:00 AM   #41
getblown5.9

Name: getblown5.9
Title: Ceritified Kleenex Dealer
Member`s Gallery
here is what sledpuller says on the subject. i can see the logic here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledpuller View Post
Ahem!! From the master of loose tracks- Lose those DAMN BFG A/Ts, Claws, Mud terrains and Truxus.

Dont argue, just do it.

You need to find a soft all terrain with plenty of SIPES. They dont need to be 15" wide if the materiel and tread is right.

Run them virtually flat.

Strap 200-400 pounds over the rear axle.( need the weight to launch back there.)

Go up a gear, or two.

BLOW the tires loose out of the hole, do not "pedal" ****, blow them loose, get upstairs quick, the tires will catch when the sled puts a little weight on you, and you will be gone.
Ideally, you will snuff it at the end.

Proven system boys, try it, or come back and post how bad you still suck next week, on loose tracks!!

Old 07-15-2010, 10:08 AM   #42
Charles

Name: Charles
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 59Dsul View Post
Thanks for the info....I didn't know that about myself....Must be because I'm so stupid. Also thanks for letting everyone on here know how intelligent you are.

To get this back on track, I don't have any advice to offer you Dan. You did the best with what you had to work with. Did you get your water leak figured out?

I didn't say you were stupid. I said that was the impression you gave. Now you may very well be an actual retard, I have no way of knowing having only limited interaction with you. I'm only pointing out what I observed in that time.

And aside from that, I don't recall ever asking you what you thought in the first place. You just stuck your mouth out on the internet for no reason other than for the sole purpose of discounting what I was suggesting on the basis of my not being a puller. And apparently the quote given above from Sleddy is in agreement on the need to obviously lower the final drive when on a loose track. So my not being a puller was of no consequence anyway.

Now whether you get the final down with trans gear selection, running the high side of the case, tire sizes, or whatever else is up to you.

Point was, the man had more power than he put to the track. I thought discussing that was the point of the thread. Maybe it was just supposed to be a rhetorical rant and I missed the point.

If so, my bad.

Closed Thread