N67 Iveco/FPT vs 5.9 and 6.7 QSB

1972RedNeck

We just recently acquired a TV6070 that has a 6.7 "FPT" in it. The block looks similar to a RGT 6.7 Cummins and the head is a spitting image of any old 5.9 12 valve head. A little research shows the FPT 6.7 has a 4.09" bore and 5.20" stroke whereas the 5.9 Cummins is 4.02 X 4.72 and the 6.7 is 4.21 X 4.88 so obviously the block is a little different.

http://www.fptindustrial.com/products/en-UK/offroad/agricultural/Pages/N67_MNT_129kW.aspx

But what about other things like camshaft and geartrain itself? are the deck heights the same? Can heads be swapped? Could you put the FPT crank in 6.7 QSB rear gear train to make a 434/7.1?

FPT and Iveco stuff all mysteriously uses Holset turbochargers and looks very similar to cummins stuff. My senior design project in college was with case ih and when I asked the engineer that sponsored our group about it he laughed and said no comment LOL

When I worked for new holland we had some 12 valve powertrain units with VE pumps and 6.7L displacement. Very odd stuff. The few parts I had to deal with were all interchangeable with a cummins. I used a water pump from the parts department on my 24 valve just fine.

FPT and Iveco stuff all mysteriously uses Holset turbochargers and looks very similar to cummins stuff. My senior design project in college was with case ih and when I asked the engineer that sponsored our group about it he laughed and said no comment LOL

When I worked for new holland we had some 12 valve powertrain units with VE pumps and 6.7L displacement. Very odd stuff. The few parts I had to deal with were all interchangeable with a cummins. I used a water pump from the parts department on my 24 valve just fine.

The oil filter plate also looks to be interchangeable as well. I just wonder about the internals.

Back