Flex Coupling questions

Unless those are different from the braided style I have used, those are not pressure rated and will leak quite a bit in a boost application.

Unless those are different from the braided style I have used, those are not pressure rated and will leak quite a bit in a boost application.

What about for exhaust?

Inner braid under heat = Chinese finger trap of the exhaust.
Vibrant is the only way to fly.

Vibrant is triple the price though! LOL
I guess I don't understand what the braid is? Does it actually protrude into the air stream?

The braided is fine for the exhaust. They will get leaky over time. Would never put them in a charge air system

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The more I look at these, the more I wonder how well they'll actually work for me. I'm trying to solid mount a fender exit pipe, but can't until I figure out the flex issue.

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk

once you figure it out let me know! I plan on doing the same but with an actual exhaust down the frame. I was thinking a 4x8" would be efficient for the vibration.

Don't use a braided inner liner for anything exhaust related. can't handle the heat.
fea67ece803e838bd232003c65ccca55.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Don't use a braided inner liner for anything exhaust related. can't handle the heat.
fea67ece803e838bd232003c65ccca55.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Dang, that's evidence enough LOL No inner braid for me then.

I may go ahead and try one of these. I just don't like how they still have the normal flex tube inside. It doesn't allow for a lot of side to side play, which is what I need with a 2' solid mounted exhaust.

I have used a cutoff wheel to cut braided section out of a flex before. It is exactly the same as a typical flex pipe, with a braided sleeve over it and under it.

Gasser exhaust is much hotter and makes more problems. If It's further on down the stream of things, you should generally be ok.

Back