Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Starting Line > Competition Vehicle Build Tech > Injectables; Water, Meth, Nitrous, Ect.
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2017, 07:32 AM   #61
allan5oh

Name: allan5oh
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfaulkner View Post
Duration = heat. And it wouldn't matter what anyone told you. Just like the water you already know what you want so roll on.
I missed this.

Is 38.5 too much duration with egt maxing out at 920?

Old 04-09-2017, 06:50 AM   #62
Leiffi

Name: Leiffi
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post
Finally somebody asking the correct questions!

At 1650:

37 degrees PW
26.8 gph fuel delivery
14 degrees BOI
920f egt post turbo, it will not go higher, slowly creeps up there (2 degrees per second then stops)
36 psi boost

This is at 4500 feet on a 5.5% grade and 22 degrees Celsius out. However the coolant temp does creep up to around 195. I understand post turbo egt isn't the best by its all I have. Engine has 2 piece pistons. This is different than the tune Leon gave me.
Detroit injectors are slow so you can add more timing if cam allows, 1degree/100rpm is a good rule of thumb to start with.

I think 1100 EGT post turbo should be fine and water temps can climb to 220, 195 should be normal running temp.

Old 04-09-2017, 09:04 PM   #63
allan5oh

Member`s Gallery
It goes to 20 when starting cold so im sure the cam would be ok. It is a newer cam. I dont want to advamce it any more unless its on a dyno.

So big injectors arent a problem with a detroit? I know bigger is better for egts.

Old 04-14-2017, 12:52 PM   #64
allan5oh

Member`s Gallery
Well I'm going to go ahead with this project. I've figured out a fantastic way to control the fast acting valve via the ecm and give me just as much control as an aftermarket controller. The problem with just referencing boost is you want water meth flow to match fuel flow somewhat. Matching boost doesn't do that by a long shot.

Most kits use PWM to control the pump and that's a joke.

Old 04-14-2017, 01:34 PM   #65
jfaulkner

Name: jfaulkner
Title: Douche Hunter
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Well I'm going to go ahead with this project. I've figured out a fantastic way to control the fast acting valve via the ecm and give me just as much control as an aftermarket controller. The problem with just referencing boost is you want water meth flow to match fuel flow somewhat. Matching boost doesn't do that by a long shot.

Most kits use PWM to control the pump and that's a joke.

1000hp cats doing fine with no water injection crutch but a <600hp driptroit tuned by a novice needs it. Done plenty of C12/C13's with 550hp to the ground and no issues. Keep up the good work!

Old 04-14-2017, 02:23 PM   #66
BRE

Name: BRE
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
1000hp cats doing fine with no water injection crutch but a <600hp driptroit tuned by a novice needs it. Done plenty of C12/C13's with 550hp to the ground and no issues. Keep up the good work!

End thread
There really is nothing better than OEM. That goes for anything from turbos to boobs.
RIP Dex KCCO

Old 04-14-2017, 04:27 PM   #67
allan5oh

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Why do you assume the power level would stay there?

Old 04-14-2017, 05:05 PM   #68
jfaulkner

Member`s Gallery
w/m for 12.7 detroit

Quote:
Why do you assume the power level would stay there?

Because you insist on using a turbo that's too small for the job, because you think you know more than about everyone else on the planet. Especially people that's been doing this way longer than you and turbo dealers on here that deal with know it all steering wheel holders on a daily basis.

Friend had one of your fellow trucker buddies call wanting his turbo to "make boost at idle on his ISX so it doesn't smoke". Said he had a guy "tweek the turbo on his 600hp BigCam so it makes boost at idle and doesn't smoke".....yea everyone else let that sink in a minute. These are the guys your sharing the road with. This is why I don't admit to owning or driving trucks. Too many jackasses anymore.

What you really need to do is inject oxygen, that will drastically increase your bottom line.

Like I said, keep up the good work.

Last edited by jfaulkner; 04-14-2017 at 05:08 PM.

Old 04-14-2017, 07:18 PM   #69
allan5oh

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Because you insist on using a turbo that's too small for the job, because you think you know more than about everyone else on the planet.
Why are you assuming that turbo will stay on there? Even if it was staying on there, you can make more power per lb of air with methanol than with diesel.
Quote:
Especially people that's been doing this way longer than you and turbo dealers on here that deal with know it all steering wheel holders on a daily basis.
So there's innovation left?

Quote:
Like I said, keep up the good work.
Will do.

Old 04-14-2017, 07:29 PM   #70
jfaulkner

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Why are you assuming that turbo will stay on there? Even if it was staying on there, you can make more power per lb of air with methanol than with diesel.

That's why I run straight methanol, none of that evil HP robbing diesel. And my C18 has a HX35 off a pickup because smaller is better for making lots of horsepowers, need all the spools I can get.

Old 04-14-2017, 08:49 PM   #71
SmokinCAT

Name: SmokinCAT
Title: Cheap and Easy.
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
That's why I run straight methanol, none of that evil HP robbing diesel. And my C18 has a HX35 off a pickup because smaller is better for making lots of horsepowers, need all the spools I can get.
Don't tell me you are having second thoughts about my turbo suggestions. Lmao.

Old 04-14-2017, 09:00 PM   #72
jfaulkner

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinCAT View Post
Don't tell me you are having second thoughts about my turbo suggestions. Lmao.

Yea ditched them. The BFSC wasn't where I wanted it so I went smaller and a single because single turbos are always better. My fuel mileage has drastically improved since I stopped using diesel and went to methanol. When you don't have to buy it your operating costs drop dramatically. It's a little bit more money than methanol but I'm thinking of trying crystal meth, like the OP must be on.

Old 04-14-2017, 09:28 PM   #73
allan5oh

Member`s Gallery
Think of it as more of a science experiment. I don't really care if it works well or not. But I will share results.

Old 04-16-2017, 08:43 AM   #74
Leiffi

Member`s Gallery
Turbo dealers are the worst "experts" to ask what kind of turbo you need. You must know yourself, then just ask them to build it for you. Also these guys who cant make a single work to 1000 hp with 16 liter engine are not so good advisors either.

Old 04-16-2017, 09:59 AM   #75
jfaulkner

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leiffi View Post
Turbo dealers are the worst "experts" to ask what kind of turbo you need. You must know yourself, then just ask them to build it for you. Also these guys who cant make a single work to 1000 hp with 16 liter engine are not so good advisors either.

Anyone can make a single work with HP if you don't mind having 500rpm power band to work with. Your the resident expert on everything you've never done yourself. Claim to know everything but have NEVER shown anything to back it up.

Don't you have an ugly pos Volvo to be driving?

Old 04-16-2017, 10:28 AM   #76
jfaulkner

Member`s Gallery
We'll be waiting to hear what magical single turbo you have actually worked at 1000hp.

Old 08-10-2017, 09:32 AM   #77
allan5oh

Member`s Gallery
Finally was able to pick up the kit I ordered from aquamist. Just need a hood switch and a tank
Hobbs switch will run the pump and I will run the fast valve off an SSR off of open loop EGR control from the ecm.

Old 09-30-2017, 07:14 AM   #78
Leiffi

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
We'll be waiting to hear what magical single turbo you have actually worked at 1000hp.
GT50 Garrett

Closed Thread