Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Entrance Gate- Welcome to Competition Diesel > Competition Events and Get-Togethers > Diesels for Christ
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 12:41 AM   #1
Johnny Big Rig

Name: Johnny Big Rig
Title: Nobody
Member`s Gallery
Crowns for the Righteous in Heaven!

There are five major crowns for the righteous:

First, the Victors Crown. I Corinthians 9:25-27 "And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptuble. I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: But I keep under my body, and bring it unto subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway". This crown is for the one that prospers and masters everything he puts his hand to, always in training.

The second crown is the Crown of Rejoicing. I Thessalonians 2:19 "For what is our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing? Are not even ye in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at his coming?" This guy has to be a soul winner because he is always joyful and uplifting. The angels in heaven rejoice every time there's a soul saved.

The third crown is the Crown of Life. James 1:12 "Blessed is the man that endureth temptation for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him." Thats pretty self explanatory.

The forth is the Crown of Righteousness. II Timothy 4:8 "Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of rightousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day; and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing." I like the Amplified version of this scripture. It reads "As to what remains henceforth there is laid up for me the victor's crown of righteousness for being right with God and doing right, which the Lord, the righteous Judge will award to me and recompense me on that great day--and not to me only, but also to all those who have loved and yearned for and welcomed his appearing or his return."

The fifth crown is the Crown of Glory. I Peter 5:4 "And when the chief Shepherd shall appear ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away." This is a conqueror, a shepherd preacher that guides the flock.

Now, after reading this you shouldn't be striving to earn as many crowns for yourself. If your thinking like that your still thinking carnally (fleshy material things). Your goal should be to win as many crowns as you can to lay at Jesus feet to thank him in some way for all that he has paid for you. I encourage you to go back through those scriptures and read it for yourself. I was quoting from the King James Bible as well as the Amplified.

Thank you, and God Bless you.
Scott

Old 05-02-2011, 07:13 PM   #2
DIESEL_POWER

Name: DIESEL_POWER
Title: NGM Diesel
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Big Rig View Post
There are five major crowns for the righteous:

First, the Victors Crown. I Corinthians 9:25-27 "And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptuble. I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: But I keep under my body, and bring it unto subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway". This crown is for the one that prospers and masters everything he puts his hand to, always in training.

The second crown is the Crown of Rejoicing. I Thessalonians 2:19 "For what is our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing? Are not even ye in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at his coming?" This guy has to be a soul winner because he is always joyful and uplifting. The angels in heaven rejoice every time there's a soul saved.

The third crown is the Crown of Life. James 1:12 "Blessed is the man that endureth temptation for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him." Thats pretty self explanatory.

The forth is the Crown of Righteousness. II Timothy 4:8 "Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of rightousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day; and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing." I like the Amplified version of this scripture. It reads "As to what remains henceforth there is laid up for me the victor's crown of righteousness for being right with God and doing right, which the Lord, the righteous Judge will award to me and recompense me on that great day--and not to me only, but also to all those who have loved and yearned for and welcomed his appearing or his return."

The fifth crown is the Crown of Glory. I Peter 5:4 "And when the chief Shepherd shall appear ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away." This is a conqueror, a shepherd preacher that guides the flock.

Now, after reading this you shouldn't be striving to earn as many crowns for yourself. If your thinking like that your still thinking carnally (fleshy material things). Your goal should be to win as many crowns as you can to lay at Jesus feet to thank him in some way for all that he has paid for you. I encourage you to go back through those scriptures and read it for yourself. I was quoting from the King James Bible as well as the Amplified.

Thank you, and God Bless you.
Scott
Did not know that, Thanks.

Old 05-02-2011, 07:24 PM   #3
duallyspeed

Name: duallyspeed
Title: New Speedway Boogie
Member`s Gallery
I sure like how the KJ reads.I also have a amplified.Nice post thanks.
How do you think revelation 4:10 comes into play?I am not sure who the 24 elders are.

Old 05-02-2011, 08:41 PM   #4
DIESEL_POWER

Name: DIESEL_POWER
Title: NGM Diesel
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by duallyspeed View Post
I sure like how the KJ reads.I also have a amplified.Nice post thanks.
How do you think revelation 4:10 comes into play?I am not sure who the 24 elders are.
We went over this in one of our morning classes about a year ago, we studied the book of revelation.

i think paster said that he believed the 24 are those who were in the old testimate, like daniel, elias,moses,jeremiah,noah ECT

As far as the type of Bible i prefer it's the King James for sure!

Old 05-07-2011, 07:50 PM   #5
Johnny Big Rig

Name: Johnny Big Rig
Title: Nobody
Member`s Gallery
yeah I havn't found where it says who the elders are but Wade's pastor may be right about who the 24 are. I know a lot of people that think that the crowns are only given to the 24 elders but that just doesn't make sense to me when you read those other scriptures. I don't see any reason that only the elders would receive crowns. They just set the example of what to do with your crowns. I like the King James and amplified as well. You just have to watch some things in the King James because there are some mistranslations in it.

Closed Thread