Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Vendor Row > Sponsor Forums > Suncoast Converters
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Suncoast Converters Transmissions, Torque Converters.

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 08:39 PM   #1
rambo45

Name: rambo45
Title: Rodder
Member`s Gallery
Need suggestions

I have an 01 cummins 5.9 automatic with a stock transmission and its finally startin to slip! I want to get a new transmission or a rebuild kit or something! and start tricking this truck out. I dont want to go crazy with money, but I want something to hold around 450 to 500 horse, any suggestions or prices would be awesome!

Old 11-29-2008, 03:13 PM   #2
stubz616

Name: stubz616
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
a buddy of mine got a full suncoast tranny with converter for around $5800. that was billet shafts new clutches bearings, etc. and a torque converter. i myself just got a full billet, minus the intermediate shaft for my truck from dave goerend (goerend transmission inc. ) for a reasonable $5175. he says you don't need a billet intermediate until around 800-850 horse.
95 RCLB Farrell Diesel Stage 5 13mm pump,Hamilton Springs,Retainers,Pushrods,Fluidampr,Steed Speed,S467.7/soon to be S488 atmo,Full Billet Trans,DPC 4 disk TC,BD Pressure Loc,Haley Speed 5x.022s,Diesel Pros Custom Cam,O-Ringed,.010 over HG,A1000,Hellman sump,625 Studs, 30*

Old 11-29-2008, 03:21 PM   #3
cnsmoke

Name: cnsmoke
Title: AKA PooDot
Member`s Gallery
torque converter, valve body, input shaft, billet flex plate should hold 500 hp..

Old 11-29-2008, 04:03 PM   #4
scott2001

Name: scott2001
Title: Its never fast enough
Member`s Gallery
you can find a trust worthy tranny guy and most likely he will be able to get what you need a little cheaper just dont try and get out of buying good parts or used crap and it should be fine had mine done and not any problems with it so far 30,000 so far and i hate to drive easy just remember do it right the frist time and dont worry anymore

Closed Thread