5x custom programming

DarkKnight

I was thinking about buying the 5x for my 6.0 and noticed on the web site that it says custom programming is avalible. Do you have some examples? And can the egr be disabled. Does the programmer have to sent to you or is it something that can be done over the net?

The SCT is great if you want to race. the 5x is good for pepping the truck up a little and giving it the power it should have had from the factory. i think the 100 horse setting is the best for that. it gets decent fuel economy and runs cool too. but alas, the best 6.0 tuner is the SCT, your tuner can do what ever your heart desires!

Dom

I really dont need all kinds of crazy power. My truck tows 6 days a week and i just want a little extra umph that;s why is was going to go with thee 5x instead of the sct. But it would be nice to be able to have the egr turned off and maybe a turbo brake.

tom

the 5X turnes off the egr, but i dont think it can use the turbo as an exhaust brake, ive heard that its not the best for the turbo. the 5X tows well, if you tow alot, the 50 horse setting really makes the truck a little peppier for towing and firms up the shifts.

Dom

5x Programming

The 5x loader has a 150hp program that runs real good....and when you stack it with a MP-8....real nice...Plus you have in cab on the fly adjustability. The 5x is a little more in depth than a standard programmer, but it's tuned to that specific code in the truck not just a generic tune...Call TS at 1-270-746-9999....They can get you straight and E-mail you the programs for the 5x loader. So you don't have to send it in.

Back