Fuel pump

I've been a CF guy since day one and I've read his write up countless times to try and figure out exactly what my issue may be. I have 0 FP at WOT. No clue why. I've literally trouble shot everything. My last ditch effort (before buying a lp from PDD) is to replace all my fuel lines with 1/2" and put in the Aeromotive X1 regulator. I did about 90% of the fuel system mods in that write up, I just went with stock 3/8" supply lines for whatever reason.

My plan, actually, is to install a Racor PS120 WS after the sump. Maintain the stock lp and remove the stock filter completely because I hate it lol. Terrible location. I want to relocate it and use the CAT 2 micron filter. My only issue/concern is how/where to tap the injector return line into. I'm thinking just "t" it into the supply line BEFORE the CAT filter. I'll probably get to this in another month or so, so I'll keep you guys posted on my adventures lol.

Things I found out the hard way on my setup:
use a boiler sight tube in the line before the lift pump so you can observe air in the lines.
get a fuel pressure gauge on the truck
dont put heavy filtration in front of the lift pump. use a mesh or high micron with settle bowl. fine filtration after the lift pump.
Racor filter heads with the pump dont fit normal size filters, you will need to make an adapter plate and some gaskets to use other common filters.

Back