Third Airdog motor to quit

So far this one is alive, but still doesn't have all that great of fuel pressure. Haha wish I could get a year out of mine. Also voltage at the pump is good.

IMO, There quality is hit or miss, and there cusomer service and warranty programs are jokes. How do I know? Because I have 2 setups on 2 different trucks. Belt driven Is starting to look more attractive.

Ya I contact them about poor fuel psi and being erratic and they blamed my stock canister I plumbed it into. Which says is fine on the instructions. So I'm going to get a fitting and connect the fittings to my canister. I doubt it will make that 17psi drop any better under wot....

The bad part is I asked him a couple times where I could buy 12' of the hose so I could run a new piece, and I never got an answer. Speaking of that does anyone know what size the fittings goin.into the stock canister are?

My second 165 just quit today, keeps blowing fuses. Second motor, this one only lasted 6 months wtf. Gonna pull it off tomorrow, I have another blown pump with me, maybe I can get a good one out of the two LOL.

I put three on in less than four months and two harnesses and still ****ed up. Cut plug off the motor and soldered the wires together and no more problems since

man ~500.00 and issues with less then 10k mile on them...

not something i'm willing to risk on my truck...

My second 165 just quit today, keeps blowing fuses. Second motor, this one only lasted 6 months wtf. Gonna pull it off tomorrow, I have another blown pump with me, maybe I can get a good one out of the two LOL.

I spoke too soon, it was just a piece of trash in the pump, locked it up. But now I'm getting a big pressure drop under load, hopefully new filters will fix that.

If you don't have a warranty they're not very hard to fix yourself, the same thing happens almost every time they stop working.

The first 2 ad 150's I bought are still going strong, 3 years +. This last air dog the motor has quit 2, waiting on a replacement as I write this.

Every pump that ive rebuilt, the seal that Is between the worm gear and the electric motor goes bad and fills the motor up with diesel fuel. Thats why the burn the fuses. Which is good cause i just soak the motor in electric cleaner, get a new seal for 5 bucks at napa and put it back together. Id say if your locking up your pump then you need to change where you get your fuel!

Every pump that ive rebuilt, the seal that Is between the worm gear and the electric motor goes bad and fills the motor up with diesel fuel. Thats why the burn the fuses. Which is good cause i just soak the motor in electric cleaner, get a new seal for 5 bucks at napa and put it back together. Id say if your locking up your pump then you need to change where you get your fuel!

I could see that being a problem, its just a simple electric motor, its not gonna last forever without some sort of failure.
Thanks hopefully I'll never need this info, but it's good to have. I also thought the fuel was supposed to go through the f/s before the pump? I would like to think I get good fuel, but I never thought about a filter before the pump because I thought the fuel went through the f/s before the pump.

my understanding was that the water seperator was pre-pump and acted as a 200 micron pre-filter, and that additional pre filters were redundant and unneeded.

Back