Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Starting Line > Sled Pulling
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Sled Pulling From Street to Pro-Mod, get your Sled Pulling fix here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 01:27 AM   #41
SPEAKSUP

Name: SPEAKSUP
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gainer16 View Post
bash me all you want.....still not impressed with them. sure they are better than the 16 boxes you have to put on one to get them to run but still not up to a dmax and old 12 valver or ppumped 24 valver just my thoughts....look at top 3 or 4 at most pulls so far. no common rails
They scared you off. Give it some time get everything running straight. I think you will be impressed tomorrow.

Old 06-04-2011, 04:40 AM   #42
revolutiondsl

Name: revolutiondsl
Title: Cat buys my Cummins parts
Member`s Gallery
The standalones are still in there infancy. I remember in like 02 and 03 when VP trucks where kickin a$$ compared to 12 valves. I remember there was a posting one here of Thunder in Muncie 02 and the top trucks were 24 valves. I would say that looking at what they can do with Standalones they will get there.

Old 06-04-2011, 09:36 AM   #43
01smoker

Name: 01smoker
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
bash me all you want.....still not impressed with them. sure they are better than the 16 boxes you have to put on one to get them to run but still not up to a dmax and old 12 valver or ppumped 24 valver just my thoughts....look at top 3 or 4 at most pulls so far. no common rails
Geez! Give the guys a chance to test and tune them!

Old 06-04-2011, 10:16 AM   #44
kleann

Name: kleann
Title: VP44 pwr
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kman9090 View Post
But it's not like the 1st year the EFI live came out the dmaxs were dominating. How many years did it take to figure out what you can do to a 12valve. Now Complicate that by 10 when it comes to dealing with electronic motors. Look at all the stuff you are able to control with it. They just need time and practice and they'll be screaming.maybe not the top 3 or 4 but wasnt 7th and 9th at TS CR trucks. Gary Woodward and Terry Coppess?
Huh? Terry Coppess went CR in his blue dually?

Old 06-04-2011, 03:18 PM   #45
MBusse

Name: MBusse
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kleann View Post
Huh? Terry Coppess went CR in his blue dually?
Did he mean Terry Martin perhaps?

Old 06-04-2011, 08:05 PM   #46
revolutiondsl

Name: revolutiondsl
Title: Cat buys my Cummins parts
Member`s Gallery
Id hope so I pulled behind Terry Coppess at Wapak and he had the hood up and there was definitely an inline pump and lines.

Old 06-04-2011, 11:04 PM   #47
joefarmer

Name: joefarmer
Title: MR. Supreme Overlord
Member`s Gallery
Apparently the smack talk didn't pay off. Brandon didn't spool until the 75' mark and Jared had an electronics issue.

Old 06-04-2011, 11:06 PM   #48
ctdiesel99

Name: ctdiesel99
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
don't worry brandon, a zeus hit the drag strip last night with good results. lots of potential but like everybody has said, you dont just slap it on and go to town with it.

Old 06-04-2011, 11:20 PM   #49
joefarmer

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctdiesel99 View Post
don't worry brandon, a zeus hit the drag strip last night with good results. lots of potential but like everybody has said, you dont just slap it on and go to town with it.
I hear ya. Brandon hooked somewhere else tonight and it spooled ok after a slight table change. That's the beauty of a fully tuneable CR.

Old 06-04-2011, 11:35 PM   #50
MBusse

Name: MBusse
Member`s Gallery
I didnt hear Brandons distance but the truck looked and sounded like it did good.

Old 06-05-2011, 12:26 AM   #51
97' CTD

Name: 97' CTD
Title: FeFiFo-FoFeFeFi
Member`s Gallery
God damn matt I have a stock motor with a zeus wtf do u want me to do I always stood behind u but why take a low shot? I drove 400 miles today and won $75 I don't care I had fun and I paid for it all out of my paycheck I receive from my place of employment. If u don't believe me on the stock part come do a teardown I all ask for is new bearings, gaskets, and rings. This is the whole purpose I don't get on here anymore this site has gone to trash.
Brandon

Old 06-05-2011, 08:46 AM   #52
jtrawdeal

Name: jtrawdeal
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Wow Matt really? I think i was in anywhere with in 2 to 5 foot of u last year with a fully stock motor and a pertruding charger. And the standalone stuff is way better ive gained close to 800 rpm down the track.. Yeah yesterday i had a sensor go bad.. Brandons truck ran awesome at urbana. Give them some time i got 1 hook on mine and brandon only has 3 or 4.. Dont come on here and bash us!

Sponsored by:

D&J Precision
Toops Performance
CAMB Motorsports

Old 06-05-2011, 09:50 AM   #53
mq105

Name: mq105
Title: Thinkin'
Member`s Gallery
I've always liked the P-pump trucks. It's "honest" power, right? Not just plugging in a box. Traditionally, I've rooted for them at the track and I smile when I see (hear) one on the street. I've got an affinity for things mechanical as opposed to electronic. I think many diesel enthusiasts feel this way.
However, the CR system is simply more efficient than a purely mechanical set up. It is many times more complicated and stand-alone tuning is new to Cummins owners. I think it will be only a very short time until Cummins CR trucks with stand-alone tuning (and now EFI) will regularly be beating the mechanical trucks at the pulls and drags.
I've had a change of heart about the CR and electronic controls. I now understand that making big power is not simply as easy as plugging in a box. While they are easier and cheaper for the regular guy to gain some power over factory levels, they are more difficult and complicated to get right in all-out race trim. You have to be just as mechanically proficient as before, and be knowledgeable about the electronics/computers.
I applaud those that have taken the lead in stand-alone tuning.

Old 06-05-2011, 11:51 AM   #54
Kman9090

Name: Kman9090
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBusse View Post
Did he mean Terry Martin perhaps?
yeah my bad, guess I got names mixed up.

Gilmore Diesel Performance
Sponsored by D&B Performance and Fabrication

Old 06-05-2011, 12:14 PM   #55
chance cobb

Name: chance cobb
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
how do you guys tune the stand alone is it like efi live or somthing like that ?

Old 06-05-2011, 01:52 PM   #56
bdp

Name: bdp
Title: beans diesel performance
Member`s Gallery
Simular to efi only more simplified.

Old 06-05-2011, 03:05 PM   #57
outlaw99

Name: outlaw99
Member`s Gallery
wow! matt wth..lol I stab back.. seems like the guy you sold your truck to has been aking A SPANKING FROM CR TRUCKS THIS YEAR SO FAR. all jk aside I think brandon and jareds trucks will be up at the top soon enough top 5 atleast and I hope a efi live cr will be playing with them, hats off the brandon m. for tuning!

TOOPS PERFORMANCE
IN HOUSE DYNO TUNING
EFI LIVE/UDC TUNING CUMMINS

03-04.5 efi conversions

Old 06-05-2011, 09:04 PM   #58
SPEAKSUP

Name: SPEAKSUP
Member`s Gallery
It was a good pull Danny yours was sounding good too. Adam well that thing is looking untouchable.

Old 06-05-2011, 10:00 PM   #59
joefarmer

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdp View Post
Simular to efi only more simplified.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chance cobb View Post
how do you guys tune the stand alone is it like efi live or somthing like that ?
Exactly. There's 7 tables per tune (five individual tunes, too).

Fuel Quantity (mm3)
"Inputs are throttle position in percent (APPS) and RPM. Output is desired fuel quantity in cubic millimeters per injection (mm3). Basically, the Zeus ECU looks at RPM and throttle and decides how much fuel you are calling for. This is the best place it increase fuel if desired."

Injector Pulsewidth (µs) "Inputs are MPa and mm3. Output is the injector pulsewidth (PW) in µsec."

Boost Fuel (mm3) "Inputs are rpm and boost pressure in psig. Output is the desired addition (or subtraction) in mm3 to the desired fuel quantity just calculated."

Injection Timing (°BTDC) "Inputs are RPM and mm3. Output is the desired injection timing (before correction for ECT)."

Fuel Pressure Base (MPa) "Inputs are RPM and mm3. Output is the desired fuel pressure (before correction for ECT)."

Fuel Pressure ECT Correction (MPa)
"Inputs are RPM and mm3. Output is in an addition (or subtraction) to the desired fuel pressure. This table is not operative without the multiplier from the table ‘ECT Multiplier’ found in System."

Injection Timing ECT Correction (°BTDC)
"Inputs are RPM and mm3. Output is in an addition (or subtraction) to the desired injection timing. This table is not operative without the multiplier from the table ‘Injection Timing Multiplier’ found in System."

The first 5 tables can be considered the tune and the other 2 are correction tables for engine operating temperature. If it would help, I can put these tables into p-pump speak. AKA Boost Fueling = p-pump AFC.

Old 06-05-2011, 10:45 PM   #60
huhta99

Name: huhta99
Title: one nation under God
Member`s Gallery
Subscribe

Closed Thread