Need some advice on buying a Semi

Changing gears a little, if I wanted to be an owner/operator over the road driver, would something like this be something I should be looking for?

2006 PETERBILT 379EXHD for sale in Wichita, Kansas - Commercial Truck Trader

IMO the truck is way overpriced for the mileage. If you're going to pull flatbed or hoppers, square nose is the way to go. Buuuut pulling a van or reefer, I have to lean towards a aero truck. Even if you save .5mpg's it's worth it. If you go oilfields, square nose with 13 or 18 speed.

If I was buying a truck right now I'd either be doing hoppers or heavy haul/oversize. Both of those need a good size radiator to keep 500+HP cool, and you'll only get that in a hood truck unless you buy a fugly ass T800 wide hood haha

We bought our Lowboy tractor with over 900k on its C15 and it's still running strong. Also have a few 11.1 detroits well over a million that run great. In our experience the electronically controlled diesels don't need to be overhauled as frequently as our older mechanicals did. We've been very pleased with the longevity of the newer motors

Back