12v nv4500 with adjustable pedals?

Captainyake

Hi I am new to the forum seen as far as posting goes! I have an excursion with a 12 valve that I converted last year, it has an automatic transmission in it. I will be starting a new conversion soon but going with the nv4500 and I was hoping I could retain the adjustable pedals. I read someone on here named csaley was able to do this, does anyone know how?

Shouldn't be too hard to fabricobble. I never kept them in my king ranch tho. couldn't be bothered.

To be honest I don't really need them. I just like the idea of keeping the option. It would also make life easier on my wife in case she ever needed to drive it.

To be honest I don't really need them. I just like the idea of keeping the option. It would also make life easier on my wife in case she ever needed to drive it.

Plan on 3 to 4 hours of coming up with a game plan and a couple days making it happen in the truck.

I didn't find it worth my time.... Now that you have me thinking about it, you're going to have to make the whole assembly move back and forth with the master on it.

Yeah I agree it is very possible it might not be worth the hassle. Any idea whether the 6 speeds ever had that option?

I've seen a fully loaded 05 lariat ordered with a 6 speed and it didn't have them. It did come with a floor shift 4x4. I'm guessing it wasn't an option or this truck would have had it.

Thank you, yeah I already purchased the clutch and brake assembly from a junkyard, I also purchased the floor hump but from what I've read that's not necessary with the nv4500.

Any particular reason you are going with the 5 speed vs the 6? I've had both in a truck. I hated the 5. $.02

Welcome.

I spoke with my tranny guy we use through work and he told me that the nv4500 was more durable. Not to mention the overdrive gear ratios are the same so I don't see the reason

Back