Shawn Baca's cummins Does 2k

Ha ha, I noticed that too. I'm sure Baca would appreciate all the comparisons to the baddest all-around truck in the nation.

What I don't get is that there are plenty of badass trucks around....this thread and all the talk of all-around performance actually made me call Brian Carter, who ran 9's in his dually (on slicks) like 5 years ago. He never made huge power on the dyno (or wanted to) but it was an animal on the track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6m5iNTv_0BY

Lots of trucks make power, but even more are just show queens. It would be nice to see more folks just be happy for another diesel out there that's close to 2K on a dyno uncorrected.

You still dogging "show queen" trucks with that useless info in your sig about actually making 972whp? LOL.

Does it always get driven on the street with no tail lights?

LOL. No, they pulled them for the trip to Alligator because they tow pig needed lights apparently. He drove it from the fair grounds to DRP without tail lights. SnoProllems.

I don't care if it is 1400 or 1700, Lavon and his truck are extemely impressive. Way more impressive than any dyno racer out there.

He isn't just driving it to the grocery store or driving it to the race track 30 minutes away. He is hooking 10k+ behind it and pulling it 8 hours, unhooking the trailer bolting drag radials on running #1 in points in the ODSS series, and then pulling the trailer back home.

I feel the same. I have mad respect for what he's built...

Ryan

You guys are making me blush.

Baca is coming to the gauntlet next year, Lavon is welcome to come as well (Obviously) I'd actually like to see that happen.

As for the truck being used for anything else, he's driven it on the streets. It's registered and insured. He built it for dynos though. He has another truck for pulling, hell he used to have that old 12v Black Pearl. I don't think he has any intentions of putting it on the track, but it has been talked about it.

I don't get building a truck to dyno. But if that's what you want to do, go for it.

What I think is stupid is claimed that a truck is driven on the street all the time and makes passes at the drag strip when it doesn't.

Being registered to drive on the street doesn't make something a street truck! Implication of a street truck is something that is actually regularly driven on the street, not just a few miles here and there.

Snapped this in the parking lot of the farm science review couple weeks ago. Definitely gets driven
4cb68c9c112962639cedf1d73e53fea4.jpg

Yeah, still kinda cool to see it there like a normal truck, less than a week after he ran a 9 second quarter mile with it.

Back