'97 CTD, you got competition...

Im sorry to be "that guy" on this thread. That truck looks like ass to me. I would a have done every thing possible to get that thing back down with that tilt body.

Though he ran SS?

Well I think its something different and its pretty sweet. Looks much better in person after you see it a couple times. Its a one of a kind. Nice try you have Wes.

Thats exactly what I was thinking. Thats one hell of a running truck. They did a great job. Hats off to them for stepping up and competing in the SS class and keeping up. Smokin I think you need to go to some more pulls or read the magazine and forums more. Its no secret that truck is a damn good truck. And it DOES compete with the best of them at the biggest events.

I know Wes pretty good. It is ONE HELL of a truck. He's only about 45 mins away from me. They know their dmax's. I'm a die hard dodge cummins guy but my hats off to any one that steps up the game and can build that kinda of truck. I do agree it is tall, but it is still one bad a$$$ truck.

I'm guessing you werent at dhra nationals in indy?

Yeah, he pulled just ahead of me in Indy...I personally thought my truck was tall untill I was parked beside his!!!! Nice truck and well built...personally though and not to cut up his work...I would have tried to engineer the tilt body mechanism to have the body sit down lower. I built a older style Super Stock Gasser with a tilt body back in 2001 and it took 2 tries to get it sitting right....alot of work but well worth it.

RyanB

yeah and not really that impressive no wheel speed, if i had that much money in something like that it would definitely run allot better than that.

Yeah, because i'm sure he would want to spend all the time and money with making it a mod and not make it run worth a sh@!. That video doesn't do justice for this truck at all because it DOES run very well.

I do believe that video is from when they just finished it up. Rumor has it that it is running WAY better than it was all last year..........

well it may run good but from the video i saw right there it did tn run worth a crap so if your gonna come on here and give me hell give us a video of what it can do, dont post up a video and say hey this is one bad ass truck and put a video up of it barely making it down the track with NO wheel speed, i dont doubt it does run good, but until you post a video of it running good i still think its Overrated prove me wrong unitl then shut up. end of story.

:eek:wned:
well it may run good but from the video i saw right there it did tn run worth a crap so if your gonna come on here and give me hell give us a video of what it can do, dont post up a video and say hey this is one bad ass truck and put a video up of it barely making it down the track with NO wheel speed, i dont doubt it does run good, but until you post a video of it running good i still think its Overrated prove me wrong unitl then shut up. end of story.
:eek:wned:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFbt3cYE1-M

another... this one is in 09...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cxJ09KPWFY

Do you realize that the truck you are referring to as junk is probably the top pulling duramax in the country at the time and probably top 5 in his class in the country? :bang :doh:

As for the video you are talking about with him pulling that piece of equipment. You have absolutely ZERO basis to say if that is a good hook or not. Is it slow? yeah. But, since this was done as a test hook at his own place shortly after building the truck, no other trucks hooked to that load to compare how stout of pull that was. So how do you know any other truck anywhere could have done any better hooked to that load that day??? You don't even have to answer. The correct answer is you can't. You can ASSUME some other truck may have been able to do better but you really don't know so you have no basis whatsoever to say that was a weak hook.

Since you continue to bring up speed. Have you never seen the older style of transfer sleds that are slow pulling unlike the modern sleds that allow for a greater ground speed but hit hard at the end? Not all sleds or pulls will have high ground speed. There are lots of factors in that but one is the sled type itself.

So at this point in the discussion I'm curious. Where are you from? How many sled pulls have you attended? Have you ever been to a pull where Wes' truck(s) hooked?

Last edited:
no i havent been where he hooked and frankly i dont want to and i could give a **** less about his truck, its my opinion and if i am not impressed (which i am not) then i dont have to be, as far as pulls yes i have been in over competed in over 200 hooks, and been pulling for 25+ years not all diesel but i can tell you i have hooked to every type sled there is, and yes i have won allot, you duramax guys talk **** just like the guys from around chillicothe, cant remember their names they came in our area and got their ass handed to them. I am entitled to my own opinion so get over it.

no i havent been where he hooked and frankly i dont want to and i could give a **** less about his truck, its my opinion and if i am not impressed (which i am not) then i dont have to be, as far as pulls yes i have been in over competed in over 200 hooks, and been pulling for 25+ years not all diesel but i can tell you i have hooked to every type sled there is, and yes i have won allot, you duramax guys talk **** just like the guys from around chillicothe, cant remember their names they came in our area and got their ass handed to them. I am entitled to my own opinion so get over it.

Pulling kids behind your truck on a "sled" is technically a sled pull. BUT... Your not in the caliber of him or anywhere close. Just a shot in the dark on that one. But when it comes to a "Mans Sled pull" you 200+ hooks to the old chevy truck hood in the winter snow doesnt count. I dont think the video was put up to show how bad a$$ it was. Simply showing how the dedicated guys do to get there trucks dialed in. I dont think he was meaning to blow the tires off and pull that thing up town. Simple testing is all. Get a clue dude before you open your mouth.

Pulling kids behind your truck on a "sled" is technically a sled pull. BUT... Your not in the caliber of him or anywhere close. Just a shot in the dark on that one. But when it comes to a "Mans Sled pull" you 200+ hooks to the old chevy truck hood in the winter snow doesnt count. I dont think the video was put up to show how bad a$$ it was. Simply showing how the dedicated guys do to get there trucks dialed in. I dont think he was meaning to blow the tires off and pull that thing up town. Simple testing is all. Get a clue dude before you open your mouth.

Not starting anything but do you have a vid of your truck just wanting to see it?

Well said.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe:*bdh**bdh**bdh**bdh**bdh*

Humor me... what kind of hilljack logic are you using, besides ground speed, to draw your conclusion on how good or bad that truck is based on how it pulled that piece of equipment???

Let me guess... you don't have any and now are gonna talk a bunch of **** because you realize how stupid you look for talking down a top notch truck with no good reason to support your claim other than you don't like it because it's a duramax.

You're a bright one. I can see the light shining from here. :redx: :bang

So Smokin06 if you have won alot how come there is not a single puller in here that knows your name? You also don't know one of the top trucks in the country is? Your truck is no where near the caliber of that truck!

Back