Nitromethane??

I dont thinking he was looking for control. He turned it on at WOT and pulled the air shut off at the end of the hook. He didnt know what to expect and had the air kill trigger ready in his hand ready to pull if and when things got out of control.

Sorry, my post was not aimed at you specifically. I question the same from people who inject propane also... unless the fuel is injected in the cylinder with a controlled timing you are just asking for disaster. Why don't we just put diesel fogger nozzles in the intake?:umno:

I dont thinking he was looking for control. He turned it on at WOT and pulled the air shut off at the end of the hook. He didnt know what to expect and had the air kill trigger ready in his hand ready to pull if and when things got out of control.

LOL...should have figured he was a sled puller ;)

How can anyone inject a fuel into the intake and expect to have any control over when it ignites?

I guess the idea is to find something that won't ignite until the diesel does. That's why water/meth theoretically doesn't detonate, because the water mixed with the meth prevents auto-ignition.

You guys are using water/meth injection now though, right?

We've been toying with it on the rail first and on the s-10 most recently. That's what this little bottle is for:
rail_bluebottle_watermeth.jpg

listen for the dyno run with the popping.... that's nitromethane...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zICN5c0ojy0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zICN5c0ojy0[/ame]

But if you are limited to a 66 mm turbo and have a but load of fuel. I would guess some nitro would bump the hp a good bit. And I am only talking about fuel mixing.

Is that mixing it in with the fuel in the tank, or injecting it into the intake stream? Power increase?

sprayed in the intake... i believe he gained about 40 horsepower. It was a spur of the moment thing.. He had Nitro, so he drained his water injection system and sprayed it in... If it was more calculated more power may have been made.. It was a SNOW MPG max.

and went from 640 on fuel to 800 with Lloyds bottle :D

Back