setting up No2

as i sit here studying for my advancement test tomorrow, i was thinking, could i drill and tap 6 holes in my intake plate and run jets facing the intake valves? also could one solenoid run all six jets?

not much space for six nozzles in the front.

one solenoid to all six would work, but not flow well.

one nozzle in the intake is all you need for your application

gotcha, thanks. i figured out that i have -4 line and the solenoid is the NOS 16020. on the jegs page is says capable of flowing up to 175hp. which in my eyes is small for what i want it to do

Remember the whole PI x R^2 when trying to figure out the flow of jets....as in a .157 jet isn't twice as much nitrous as an .080, it's almost 4 times as much.

As long as you have hobbes switches to shut it off in case you blow a boot, and you don't overspeed your turbo or defuel, you should be fine.

im going to start off small and work my way up. but looking at the NOS jets they give the following options .067 .073 .076 .082 .085 .095 .102

That solenoid is really small, flows about .070, can't remember the exact number. You can get jets in just about every size available in incriments of .001"

they guy i bought it from said it may have been used on a car. so techinically could i just not use a jet and run the just the line to the horn?

You could, but the -3 lines will still only flow about 0.078....even with no jet, that's about the biggest you'll get, and it may or may not seal without the tapered fitting depending on the style of nozzle you have. Just bump up the bottle pressure to like 1,100psi ;)

Just a 7.3 users info. Might help, might not. I run a .04 in the horn for the WOT (electronic ZEX) 1st stage. I also have a mechanical switch to start the set of 3 timers that activate stage 2,3 and 4. The 2nd and 3rd stage are pre IC and post IC right at the inlet/outlets. to give a softer hit on the 2nd stage (pre IC). The 4th is on the horn to deliver before the 1/8 mile and uses a .125 solenoid and all the others are only .073 max flow based on the opening. This allows me to jet a smooth continuous pull all the way down the track and not a hard hit off the line with a single or dual stage.

This is an excel I put together for multiple jets. Just add the jet size for the stage (zero if you don't have all the stages) and the actual single size will be displayed at the bottom. Multi Jet Calculator Hope this helps!

*nx*

Running a drilled out pill is a better idea than no pill. I hear it flows more consistent and keeps pressures steady.

Just a 7.3 users info. Might help, might not. I run a .04 in the horn for the WOT (electronic ZEX) 1st stage. I also have a mechanical switch to start the set of 3 timers that activate stage 2,3 and 4. The 2nd and 3rd stage are pre IC and post IC right at the inlet/outlets. to give a softer hit on the 2nd stage (pre IC). The 4th is on the horn to deliver before the 1/8 mile and uses a .125 solenoid and all the others are only .073 max flow based on the opening. This allows me to jet a smooth continuous pull all the way down the track and not a hard hit off the line with a single or dual stage.

This is an excel I put together for multiple jets. Just add the jet size for the stage (zero if you don't have all the stages) and the actual single size will be displayed at the bottom. Multi Jet Calculator Hope this helps!

*nx*

Good lord is that a bottle a run for you? I think a bigger initial hit will help more to get the 60 down. Unless the tires or suspension will not take more.

I can get 3 runs per 15# bottle easy. The total jet size calculation is .129 for my .04, .073, .06, .078 jets. The 60ft is only 1.70 since I run A/T Tires so I have to make up after the 330ft mark.

Back