EFILive Beta First Impressions

What is present at the OBDII Port?

The ISB the Dodge ratings are 215 hp with 420 lb_ft torque at 1600 for automatic transmission and 235 hp with 460 lb_ft torque for manual.

Chrysler will use their own diagnostic tool (DRBIII) to troubleshoot the new 24 valve engine. Their connection is under the dash. However, we also have the ability to diagnose the Engine Control Module using Cummins INSITE software. In order to use Cummins INSITE on the Dodge ISB engine, two things are required; INSITE 4.2, available on the current INSITE CD-Rom and the new INLINE 2 datalink. This allows connecting to the J1939 datalink located at the left front of the engine, near the vacuum pump.

I did and received this message on my EFI V2 "You're screwed! Sell me as I'm never going to run like a common rail"

Looking back on that comment, do you think it was a nice thing to say?

Everytime I look at this thread I get the feeling they're going to get done with the 06-07 then the 07.5-09 and then drop back to the 03-05 and say......FAWK this.

I know that's bad ju-ju sorry.

Rob (or anyone that knows) are you able to read the current flash of any can bus ecm not just the stock tune? I remember the black box reading was talked about a long time ago.

Yes we are able to read the ECM's of 06-07 5.9 Dodges right now, regardless of which tune is in them. This will hold true i believe of the later years. Can't speak for the 03-05 Dodges, but would imagine this is going to be the same...

*UNLESS* that tune has been blocked from being read. That is possible....

Does that answer your question?

Yes we are able to read the ECM's of 06-07 5.9 Dodges right now, regardless of which tune is in them. This will hold true i believe of the later years. Can't speak for the 03-05 Dodges, but would imagine this is going to be the same...

*UNLESS* that tune has been blocked from being read. That is possible....

Does that answer your question?
Yep, thanks. Didn't know tunes could be blocked from view, huh.

Everytime I look at this thread I get the feeling they're going to get done with the 06-07 then the 07.5-09 and then drop back to the 03-05 and say......FAWK this.
That is a real possibility - we are talking about a truck that's over 10 years old, and the market for that particular truck it isn't getting any bigger.

Yep, thanks. Didn't know tunes could be blocked from view, huh.
In many cases professional tuners want to protect their work. The only way to do so is to prevent the reading out of their tunes. The system we have created is that EFILive will prevent the read if the tuner locks the tune, however the user is still able to flash over the tune if they wish.

Cheers
Cindy

i sure hope u were referring to the dying vp trucks and not the sci common rails??

Our intent is to develop support back to 2003. Anything prior to that hasn't been considered at this point of time. Once we've finished releasing support for our intended controllers, we'll go back and review what we'll tackle next.

Cheers
Cindy

It would be nice if the vp guys would do some reading and stop asking if their trucks are going to covered. If they were going to be covered EFI would have said something about it.

Back