Billet shafts

well, if your going to do the trans go billet when you do it. my stock output lived a long time. But at 600 it made 7 passes

My 400ish? hp cost me a output first ( boosted launch at drags ) and then output ( getting on the freeway OD locked up .) So I'd say do both or don't do any till you can afford it and things don't always break in the order people think they will. The input survived numerous trips down the strip and pulling where the output only survived 3, and this a contradiction to popular belief.

I was kinda wondering the same (not to high jack the thread), How much have yall spent on billet shafts. I threw some numbers together the other day and I came up with $2200 just in shafts!

I was kinda wondering the same (not to high jack the thread), How much have yall spent on billet shafts. I threw some numbers together the other day and I came up with $2200 just in shafts!

i was looking at goerands and just for their input and output shafts its like another 1500 i believe 750 for each.

I would do the input and output for sure. Some guys that are making big hp have broke the intermedate shaft even though its billet. I have ran billet input and output with stock intermedate and had good luck. My truck was around the 650 to 700 mark last season. The price for Goerend Shafts is 750 each, we are a dealer for them.

The big thing that kills billet intermediates seems to be heavy towing locked up. The factory intermediate allows some flex. The billet seems to fatigue.

I am running a set of compounds and some ddp comp injectors with a drag comp. s300 s400. I did the billet input right off and didn't plan on racing the truck. That was back in 07, but 5 sets of injectors later a turbo upgrade then a bottom turbo added to the mix here I sit.

Depends what you plan on doing with it.
I'd get a deeper pan before anything.

Waste of money.... Explain to me how this is needed on a high HP application before a billet shaft and I'll buy you a beer.

Back to topic.. if you are going to buy 2 shafts, buy the 3rd... cheap insurance when you consider it will cost about 3 times the price of the intermediate to drop the trans, rebuild it and add an intermediate next time...

Keeping the transmission cool is the number one thing. I don't care how built your tranny is and you beat the thing to death and get it hot you are gonna break everything.
You will have more heat related failures than anything.

Keeping the transmission cool is the number one thing. I don't care how built your tranny is and you beat the thing to death and get it hot you are gonna break everything.
You will have more heat related failures than anything.

Yea but your adding how many more quarts? 5 at the most, im just guessing.... All its doing is taking longer to heat up all the fluid, its still all going to get up to the same temp. Now if you put a larger cooler on it that would do some good to an extent.

i added a cooler with a fan and a mag hightech double deep pan my temps never get over 120-150 and i started breaking input shafts at 400 hp on the dot when the converter would lock it would snap where the shaft goes to the drum

I did 30lbs boost launches can't count how many times and didn't break it till after I burnt the clutches up pulling.

im running about 550 hp and i have roughly 7400mi on my stock tranny and ive yet to have any problems but i know i will shortly so thats why i was askin

Back