my power steering sucks

dieselbeef

dick doggin
gonna flush the system with jd hyd fluid..hope itll help..

run the truck..take the back to the res hose off and keep it full til I come out clean...while my son turns it lock to lock

might it have any effect since it goes thru the brake also

better plans ideas...I figure its gonna make a huge mess....

It's simple. Pull the return lines, put a plug on the res where they normally return, point the return lines towards a bucket. hit brakes/turn wheel until you see foam, then cut it. Hook everything up, refill, and forget about it. You won't get it all out, but you'll do a decent job.

One of the major reasons I sold the 2nd gen for the 3rd gen. Not that the 3rd gen is freggin' wonderful....but that 2nd gen of mine drove like it was on ice all the time. I got sick of that sh1t. :D

I know..."not helping"... ;)

Now what the heck is a p-pump swap going to do to help your steering?! Be reasonable.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

IM STARTING TO HATE YOU....

the rpms help a little but not much...I got the fluid change down ok...sat project....if the truck is sitting still..it has 35 1250 on it..it takes a lot of effort to turn.alot..like 2 hands to back it up...if its moving its not as bad...but still..aint happening...backing in the big trlr I put it in 4 low and it helps a lot except it shreds the yard... hope the fluid change helps..half again better would be huge
*bdh**bdh**bdh**bdh**bdh**bdh**bdh**bdh**bdh**bdh**bdh**bdh*

One of the major reasons I sold the 2nd gen for the 3rd gen. Not that the 3rd gen is freggin' wonderful....but that 2nd gen of mine drove like it was on ice all the time. I got sick of that sh1t. :D

I know..."not helping"... ;)

Pffffffffffffffffffffft. :poke:

IM STARTING TO HATE YOU....

the rpms help a little but not much...I got the fluid change down ok...sat project....if the truck is sitting still..it has 35 1250 on it..it takes a lot of effort to turn.alot..like 2 hands to back it up...if its moving its not as bad...but still..aint happening...backing in the big trlr I put it in 4 low and it helps a lot except it shreds the yard... hope the fluid change helps..half again better would be huge

*bdh**bdh**bdh**bdh**bdh**bdh**bdh**bdh**bdh**bdh**bdh**bdh*
Just buy this, and sell the two you have!
283df32c4f7fabeb787079e03c26dd42.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

When I went from 35x12.50 to 265/75 I noticed a huge differance in steering. I had to be moving to steer the 35s unless I was in dirt or gravel, I can steer the 265s with 1 finger on pavement.

yeah I mean..im spoiled now with my 4th gen truck...so this one really sucks..but I just feel like its worse than ever...fluid change if it don't work..then pump...

there was a mod I saw somewhere about making the press relief marginally higher for bigger tires..but I cant find it and it might do more harm than good...cuz leaks suck

I had a similar issue in my 06 cummins with 33s. It would turn just irritating in parking lots. I ended up getting a RedHead Steering gearbox and it fixed my issue. Im thinking the gearbox gear was messed up or clogged somehow.

Back