PTAC air conditioner/heater

Anyone ever used one in a shop? Just looking to heat and cool a 20x12 room in my new shop. Would one of these work ok? They seem cheap enough and every hotel has one. Never had a complaint with one at a hotel haha.

Here's an Amana one for reference...

http://www.amana-ptac.com

PTAC are way cheaper and do not require anything to be assembled in the refrigerant portion

I would cut it in and be done with it. Just remember that it has a condensate drip that you have to make sure has drainage. They are great little units, especially if you have a small area that you want to have independent control in.

I would cut it in and be done with it. Just remember that it has a condensate drip that you have to make sure has drainage. They are great little units, especially if you have a small area that you want to have independent control in.

Awesome! Was hoping to hear this. Just need this to keep the woman happy as this will be her workshop for upholstery work and heat/ac were a must for her.

PTAC would be a nice option. Just put in a 2K BTU Mini Split in a 32 x 26ft garage. Works very well. Keeps humidity down also. Foam insulation as well.
I think because of the foam I could have used a smaller unit.
The unit has an inverter compressor that always runs at the lowest speed.
Very economical!

Good deal!

I haven't moved forward with getting one yet. Finally got the shop up and waiting on the money tree to produce so I can spray foam the entire building.

10 million hotel rooms can't be wrong. LOL They work well for what they are. You get what you pay for as far as efficiency goes. PTHP's are much more efficient but cost a good bit more. You can get all types that evaporate the condensation so no drains are needed.

Back