small cummins?

cumminside

Who stole my smoke?
What is the smallest Cummins availible for automobiles :bang , I'm looking for a project and I dont want it to be too heavy, as the donor car is a perfectly good 1988 RX7 N/A. I would prefer a 4 or 5 cylinder.

any help is appreciated.

the 4 cylinder cummins is a 3.9 liter, called a 4bt.
its pretty much exactly like the 5.9 cummins, minus 2 cylinders....
same fuel systems for that same year 5.9
i want one in a wrangler!

The A series is the smallest: Cummins A series
60HP is a little low but would push around an RX7 and I'm sure you could turn it up. :cool:
My VW Jetta has a 90HP motor and does a good job.

One problem you may run into is adapting the bellhousing to your pattern.

For a lot of good info on engine swaps check out http://www.4btswaps.com/

thanks guys, why not replace an engine that burns oil with one that runs on it! Plus, no more pesky apex seals

My bro. does toyota diesel conversions. In Europe, they manufacture diesels in toyotas. He buys a half cut from japan because they total vehicles @ 60k due to emission laws.
Anyways, they drive nice. Good power etc..30-35 mpgs depending on the vehicle.
Im thinking of getting one. Im really tired of my POS dodge.
Cummins are great, but dodge sux.
Anyways, check it out :
www.dieseltoyz.com

digging up an old thread sry...

I like the toyota diesel idea, can you fit that thing into a wrangler???

The most popular thing to swap into a Wrangler seems to be the 4BT...

I've even seen them with twins.

everyone has,
but they are HEAVY!
I want a wrangler I can mob without the front being berried in the mud!

whats that toyota diesel weigh?

i agree i love diesels but they have there place sometimes because of the weight. i have an 89 wrangler with a 2.5 in it now and am going to replace it and almost went with a 4b out of a delivery truck or i can get one rebuilt for cheap but i figured it would be too heavy and i dont think the throttle response would be fast enough for the kind of wheeling i like to do im either going with an ls1 a vortec 6.0 or a vortec 5.7 in the jeep

RideIcon said:
digging up an old thread sry...

I like the toyota diesel idea, can you fit that thing into a wrangler???
Toyota makes a few different diesels offshore. I have seen an fj40 with a straight 6 toy diesel from a south american toyota pick up. When I was in Brazil we rented a toyota pick-up with a 4 banger in it. it was a 2002 if I recall right. I was almost in tears when I had to return that truck. It really sucks what is avalible in other countries compared to here.

SINNER said:
Toyota makes a few different diesels offshore. I have seen an fj40 with a straight 6 toy diesel from a south american toyota pick up. When I was in Brazil we rented a toyota pick-up with a 4 banger in it. it was a 2002 if I recall right. I was almost in tears when I had to return that truck. It really sucks what is avalible in other countries compared to here.
Those 4cyl Toys are used state side by the government. They're still figuring out how to get them over 80hp in a 6000lb armored vehicle.

Back