Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Tech > 2007.5-2013 6.7L
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2019, 10:19 PM   #1
slownoma

Name: slownoma
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Nv273 swap with borg 44-46

Dimensions look the same. Wiring not so much. Has anyone swapped the two? I picked it up thinking i could give it a shot. Then posted it for sale figuring id rebuild my 273...

Any input would be great! Or any wiring diagrams that i could reference would help a ton!

Thanks in advance!

Old 01-30-2019, 06:37 AM   #2
coorsman2005

Name: coorsman2005
Title: i like beer
Member`s Gallery
They bolt right up no issues. i temporarily installed one till we could find a borg. This was on a 12. Dont know if the dimensions are exact but no drive shaft mods are needed.

Myself i wouldn't run a borg on purpose. i also hear there is an electronic clutch pack in the borg if it loses power u lose ypur choice to drive. I dont know haven't been in one.

What is wrong with your 273. If its only the chain skipping. Its very easy to install a nee chain for $100 or so and a cpl hrs.

Turns out i have a 273d. That needs a new home. Low mile unit.

Last edited by coorsman2005; 01-30-2019 at 06:46 AM.

Old 01-30-2019, 09:51 AM   #3
slownoma

Member`s Gallery
This is the second chain thats skipped. The first had unknown miles so i took the case out and rebuilt it. Worked great for a month or so and used it the other day when we got snow amd skipped again. I did new chain, bearings, and seals. Cleaned the pickup but didnt do a new pump. Im thinking the pump may have caused the issue again?

Shoot me a text on the one you have.

Old 01-30-2019, 12:53 PM   #4
Mark Nixon

Name: Mark Nixon
Title: No Savior among the flesh
Member`s Gallery
Sometimes new cogs are also required in a rebuild.

Mark.

Old 01-30-2019, 06:18 PM   #5
slownoma

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Nixon View Post
Sometimes new cogs are also required in a rebuild.

Mark.
I visually checked the cogs last time and they looked great. Like i said earlier when i did the rebuild it worked very well for a month or so. I wonder if the problem was not replacing the pump in the case.

Mark, do you have a use for this one? Or possible trade on a 273?

Old 01-30-2019, 06:26 PM   #6
Mark Nixon

Name: Mark Nixon
Title: No Savior among the flesh
Member`s Gallery
I don't have a need, but a spare one around wouldn't bother me, since I have none on hand. 4th gen t-cases don't land here very often and what has, turned out to be destroyed.

However, I don't have any NV273s, much less a good one.

Mark.

Old 01-30-2019, 06:27 PM   #7
slownoma

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
I don't have a need, but a spare one around wouldn't bother me, since I have none on hand. 4th gen t-cases don't land here very often and what has, turned out to be destroyed.

Mark.
Ok, just thought id ask.

Thank you

Old 01-30-2019, 07:10 PM   #8
slownoma

Member`s Gallery
Transfer case

Quote:

Mark.
Mark, can you get me in touch with the fella you said did the swap? I sent you a p.m.

Old 02-02-2019, 05:15 PM   #9
cetanefreek

Name: cetanefreek
Member`s Gallery
Good info, I wonder how hard the wiring is to adapt, my 12 has a borg unit that vibrates pretty bad and a used unit is more than my wife leaves in the account. the nv273 seems easier and cheaper to find.

Old 02-02-2019, 05:22 PM   #10
coorsman2005

Name: coorsman2005
Title: i like beer
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cetanefreek View Post
Good info, I wonder how hard the wiring is to adapt, my 12 has a borg unit that vibrates pretty bad and a used unit is more than my wife leaves in the account. the nv273 seems easier and cheaper to find.

I have a 273 you can experiment with. Low miles. All you gotta do is buy it lol.

Old 02-19-2019, 04:47 PM   #11
cetanefreek

Name: cetanefreek
Member`s Gallery
haha fair enough, I suppose you want me to come get it too?

Closed Thread