Truck bouncing under power

I remember seeing a picture years ago of Rob Wright’s truck, he bolted a piece of angle iron to frame and a rod attached to the front axle that went threw a small hole in angle iron. Put an o-ring over the rod at the base of angle iron. Then you could see nose lift by how far it moved the o-ring. Just a different option than strapping a go pro under it.

I've heard of doing that also. Gotta get the data any way you can!

What I've always done, put a ziptie really tight on the shock piston. Move it all the way to the body. Measure the distance afterwards.

I've also used this on motorcycles, and cars for preload setting. Place it, fully unload everything, understand your ride in. Then you know what percent of compression vs rebound you're set up for. I'd also stab the brakes really hard to understand if I'm even compressing all the way or if there's unused suspension. I'd imagine that wouldn't be the case here!

Ended up lower the front stops and truck has hooked smooth since then. Cant turn much but fix that this winter .

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

We had similar issues. Changed rear hitch this winter and kept lifting front end a bunch. Apparently went too far on a good track and the truck wouldn't make 50ft. Changed front stops 1/2" down and come back to hook open as a test. Made a smooth pass then.

glad you have it progressing in the right direction. some people on here utilize a potentiometer on the front linked to their data loggers.

Back