Rockwell 172 or SQHD alternatives?

I went to my local truck recycle yard this morning and they have two F106's and counted 5 F172's...I am on the fence about which rear to go with but I'm sure I'll be buying one or two. The one F106 had 6 hole bud hubs with a ratio of 6:20 ...If I buy a F106 I'll be buying this one....and the other had inboard (spoked) hubs on it with a ratio of 5:83...I will be going back so if anyone wants me to investigate further...let me now. I seen they have some SQHD's but I was passing up those rears and looking for the F106's and F172's

They do have a 4x4 f7000 or F8000 with a GVWR of 21,500lbs. I didn't get a chance to crawl under it but I could if anyone is interested. It did have in board (spoked) hubs on it so they will need to be cut and smaller bud hubs welded on.

Did the Aluminum Pig I read about on here come from Rockwell as OEM or is it aftermarket? Is it only available for the SQHD?
Brent.

Last edited:
I have one I may part with (SQHD) has aluminum hubs but cast center 5.29 gear , PM if u want , the aluminum center was factory

if your near ohio i can get you complete sqhd for 800 bucks there not allum thow and youd have to find the gears you want and have them swapped out...most of the gears are like 4:10 and close to that

Back