Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech- General Diesel > General Diesel Tech
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

General Diesel Tech Farm equipment, Medium Duty, Big Rigs, and other General discussion can be found in here.

Old 09-10-2018, 09:41 AM   #18341
biggy238

Name: biggy238
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
A little rooftop AC repair. Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

05.5 Campanella White TDi Jetta 5spd 45.5MPG
-Little Sexy
'10 Silver F250 CCLB 4X4 6.4L cummins Swapped
Insta @trash.panda250
Old 09-10-2018, 10:06 AM   #18342
RockinRam96

Name: RockinRam96
Member`s Gallery
Did something a little different this weekend...

https://www.facebook.com/zach.anders...74022235072287
Old 09-10-2018, 10:37 AM   #18343
Leiffi

Name: Leiffi
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinCAT View Post
The dyno gave false readings on doodles run because it takes gear ratio into account and become part of its calulation, so when a parameter is changed on the truck and not in dyno software it gives higher numbers.

Truck engine dyno test are done by hold truck at 55-60mph and then load is slowly increased, for a dyno day this would be stupidly time consuming.

Your theory is busted when the current HP per discplacent record at Antrim’s was done with 4.17 gears...
Dynos dont care about gear ratio, they measure their own roller speed and braking torque and calculate power from that.

There is still rotational inertia forces with 4.17 gears, just not that much than faster gears.
Old 09-10-2018, 10:45 AM   #18344
Leiffi

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by i-r-truckdriver View Post
If I understand correctly, A-class is too much competition and B-class isn't enough? Why don't you enter b-class to show the world how superior vulva is?
I wanted to do something I havent already done and my "sponsor" said A-class or nothing but we thought they must still use original type fuel system.

Not going to spend 6500 euros for shipping normal working truck there and back to compete in class no one is interested.
Old 09-10-2018, 10:49 AM   #18345
Leiffi

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfaulkner View Post
Don't your super powerful euro trucks already have common rail? This shouldn't be an issue especially with your super euro tuners. Anyone converting to common rail are doing it on "old dinosaur" US engines so you should be walking in with the advantage. So pony up or shut up.

These are new trucks that are identical to the ones with the euro engines. a 2012 with a Maxxforce or a Paccar are the same trucks as the ones with a Cummins however the cummins powered truck always brings more money.
New trucks have commonrails, too expensive to buy one and build as a useless hobby truck.

Cummins brings more money because truckers are still idiots. Maxxforce is **** anyway. Buy trucks with Volvo engines.
Old 09-10-2018, 11:42 AM   #18346
SmokinCAT

Name: SmokinCAT
Title: Cheap and Easy.
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leiffi View Post
Dynos dont care about gear ratio, they measure their own roller speed and braking torque and calculate power from that.

There is still rotational inertia forces with 4.17 gears, just not that much than faster gears.
Bull****, the people that have seen the the programming for the Taylor dyno say other wise, but since you own one you know all of course.

Swear you are getting dumber by the day.
Old 09-10-2018, 11:52 AM   #18347
Leiffi

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinCAT View Post
Bull****, the people that have seen the the programming for the Taylor dyno say other wise, but since you own one you know all of course.

Swear you are getting dumber by the day.
All dynos are same.

Why is it that only heavy dynos (in USA) use that pull down test ? Cars, pick-ups, engine dynos always accelerate, free or controlled, or do steady state at different points.
Old 09-10-2018, 11:54 AM   #18348
Leiffi

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by i-r-truckdriver View Post
If I understand correctly, A-class is too much competition and B-class isn't enough? Why don't you enter b-class to show the world how superior vulva is?
Volvo is not allowed, limit is 16 litres and Volvo is 16,1 , and if I race with working truck, it will be modern truck and that means commonrail, commonrail is not allowed in B-class.
Old 09-10-2018, 01:07 PM   #18349
Signature600

Name: Signature600
Title: THA MAN!
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
All dynos are same.

Why is it that only heavy dynos (in USA) use that pull down test ? Cars, pick-ups, engine dynos always accelerate, free or controlled, or do steady state at different points.
No, not all dynamometers are the same. I have not seem very many engine dynos accelerate....Most I've ever seen are pull down. I use Pull down for testing tractors. The only thing that accelerates are the smaller chassis dynos...and in most cases there the drums outweigh the vehicle using the dyno.

You keep on being wrong...

Chris

THANKS TO:
Tim Barber @ TRE Diesel
Jeff Mumau @ Mumau Diesel Service
Rip @ Source Automotive
Don Thuren @ ThurenFab Suspension
Columbus Diesel Supply

Old 09-10-2018, 01:45 PM   #18350
Leiffi

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signature600 View Post
No, not all dynamometers are the same. I have not seem very many engine dynos accelerate....Most I've ever seen are pull down. I use Pull down for testing tractors. The only thing that accelerates are the smaller chassis dynos...and in most cases there the drums outweigh the vehicle using the dyno.

You keep on being wrong...

Chris
All dynos with brake are the same, torque transducer and roller speed is all you need to get horsepower numbers. Dont even need engine rpm, you only need it to get engine torque.

Inertia dynos calculate from roller mass and speed/acceleration rate.

You dyno tractors at steady rpm, just start from high rpm, isnt that what you said earlier ?

Dyno Pulls Pro Mod Engine Test Rage Fuel Systems Drag Racing Video - YouTube
Old 09-10-2018, 01:56 PM   #18351
Signature600

Name: Signature600
Title: THA MAN!
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
All dynos with brake are the same, torque transducer and roller speed is all you need to get horsepower numbers. Dont even need engine rpm, you only need it to get engine torque.

Inertia dynos calculate from roller mass and speed/acceleration rate.

You dyno tractors at steady rpm, just start from high rpm, isnt that what you said earlier ?

Dyno Pulls Pro Mod Engine Test Rage Fuel Systems Drag Racing Video - YouTube
Start at high RPM and pull down to rated RPM. We don't accelerate...

You said "All dynos are the same"

You didn't specify, you made a broad statement.

Chris

THANKS TO:
Tim Barber @ TRE Diesel
Jeff Mumau @ Mumau Diesel Service
Rip @ Source Automotive
Don Thuren @ ThurenFab Suspension
Columbus Diesel Supply

Old 09-10-2018, 02:01 PM   #18352
Leiffi

Member`s Gallery
You have seen this before, my Volvo dynoed on ancient dyno from 80s, manual control, operator said he could get big numbers if he pulled the engine down quicker between steps, you can see numbers jump when engine is pulled down, but those are not counted, only steady rpm numbers are.

Controlled acceleration gives little bit lower numbers than steady rpm and way lower than pull down. So, my Volvos 880 wheel hp measures in acceleration would equal like 1200 american dyno day pull down hp ? Depend where load % is set, whatever that even means.
Old 09-10-2018, 06:22 PM   #18353
jfaulkner

Name: jfaulkner
Title: Douche Hunter
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
You have seen this before, my Volvo dynoed on ancient dyno from 80s, manual control, operator said he could get big numbers if he pulled the engine down quicker between steps, you can see numbers jump when engine is pulled down, but those are not counted, only steady rpm numbers are.

Controlled acceleration gives little bit lower numbers than steady rpm and way lower than pull down. So, my Volvos 880 wheel hp measures in acceleration would equal like 1200 american dyno day pull down hp ? Depend where load % is set, whatever that even means.

Float that POS over here and let’s see.
Old 09-10-2018, 07:26 PM   #18354
SmokinCAT

Name: SmokinCAT
Title: Cheap and Easy.
Member`s Gallery
Can you imagine how long it would take to dyno that many trucks if they started at 25% old and worked up to 75%?
Old 09-10-2018, 09:39 PM   #18355
BRE

Name: BRE
Member`s Gallery
If I started a new thread, would anyone be willing to go over there, or do you think the mouth breather would follow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
There really is nothing better than OEM. That goes for anything from turbos to boobs.
RIP Dex KCCO
Old 09-10-2018, 10:26 PM   #18356
jfaulkner

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
I wanted to do something I havent already done and my "sponsor" said A-class or nothing but we thought they must still use original type fuel system.

Not going to spend 6500 euros for shipping normal working truck there and back to compete in class no one is interested.

Sponsor? You can’t take a normal “working truck” and maybe add some fuel and air on your own? Turbos and super euro tuning costs that much? I mean it’s the baddest of the bad engines on the planet right? It shouldn’t need anything to compete with the US made stuff. And when you wax everyone at the race you can easily sell it for 4 times what you have in it I’m sure. So you will only have shipping one way.

Hey you could bring that bad arse truck over here and work for that trucking company you said was going to take over the US.

If you want to do something you have never done try pulling your head out of your arse. You routinely show how stupid you are in Tall Boy’s thread.
Old 09-11-2018, 07:58 AM   #18357
KTAPETERBILT

Name: KTAPETERBILT
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
BRE-if you start a new thread ,make sure that no foreign people or trucks are allowed.
Old 09-11-2018, 08:34 AM   #18358
jfaulkner

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Sponsor? You can’t take a normal “working truck” and maybe add some fuel and air on your own? Turbos and super euro tuning costs that much? I mean it’s the baddest of the bad engines on the planet right? It shouldn’t need anything to compete with the US made stuff. And when you wax everyone at the race you can easily sell it for 4 times what you have in it I’m sure. So you will only have shipping one way.

Hey you could bring that bad arse truck over here and work for that trucking company you said was going to take over the US.

If you want to do something you have never done try pulling your head out of your arse. You routinely show how stupid you are in Tall Boy’s thread.

Lol I wonder if you could make a Captcha that made him spell “tire” or make him enter the date Finland landed on the moon or what side of his country the Wright Brothers were from.
Old 09-11-2018, 09:09 AM   #18359
biggy238

Name: biggy238
Member`s Gallery
Y'all get boring as hell without him stirring the pot.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

05.5 Campanella White TDi Jetta 5spd 45.5MPG
-Little Sexy
'10 Silver F250 CCLB 4X4 6.4L cummins Swapped
Insta @trash.panda250
Old 09-11-2018, 09:30 AM   #18360
BRE

Name: BRE
Member`s Gallery
Click the image to open in full size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
There really is nothing better than OEM. That goes for anything from turbos to boobs.
RIP Dex KCCO