Carolina Diesel Nationals Results

NHRDA

Final Results are now posted for the NHRDA Carolina Diesel Nationals, held at Rockingham Dragway July 26th, 2014

Link - http://www.nhrda.com/news_results_detailed.php?id=2970

CDN-2014-Poster-web-450.jpg

DIESEL TV - WATCH ALL THE ACTION AT THE ROCK

cdn-dieseltv-1.jpg

The event was covered on Diesel TV - and can be enjoyed in the archive section.

Click here to watch the Carolina Diesel Nationals on Diesel TV...

Just watched the Carolin Diesel National on Diesel TV, took a bit to get it up and running do to some glitch they had. I have never seen a more pathetic turn out at a diesel drag race. There were hardly any locals, guys who showed up came from as far away as Texas Tennessee, Indiana, and Kentucky. What happened to the locals??? 21 total trucks and a ton of breakage and oil downs. Not a good day for diesel dragracing!!!

Personally...Rockingham isn't the best track. It's around an hour and 20 minutes from Charlotte which is the biggest city with money in that area. Rockingham ins't a small area but it's mostly people at or near poverty level.

I think they tried the race once at Zmax dragway which is state of the art 4 lane drag strip. The turnout wasn't great and im sure Bruton Smith wanted a pretty penny to open the strip to NHRDA. If Rudy's diesel event has the same turnout as it did last year he would be better off having it at Zmax dragway.

4-5 of my local friends that have 11-12 second trucks said it was a waste of their time to go to Rockingham so they didn't bother.

Well Micah Sullivan didn't seem to have any trouble, if his truck would have weighed enough he would have set a new record in SS. I don't know, very difficult to continue to have diesel races that are part of a national organization if no one shows up.

Well Micah Sullivan didn't seem to have any trouble, if his truck would have weighed enough he would have set a new record in SS. I don't know, very difficult to continue to have diesel races that are part of a national organization if no one shows up.

Boy needs to eat a sammich!

Ya that truck wasn't very good. And as stated above. Didn't seem like an area where people can afford to do much at all.

Back