fuel pump on 05 ford

gwhammy

Got the 05 super duty running with 95 12 valve. Seems to work decent till weds. when I was pulling gooseneck with skidloader. Had a long up hill pull and it started sputtering and missing then died. I coasted to the side and stop. It started right back up with out a problem.

We used the stock fuel pump and filter on the truck that feed the 6.0 as recommended by swap instructions. Motor is nothing wild, 175 pump with ground plate, timing and 4000 gsk. Anyone else use the stock electric pump?

Do you have a fuel pressure gauge to miniature the electric pump.

I pulled the 6.0 electric pump off and used the Cummins mechanical pump, also ran bigger fuel lines from the tank forward.

When you did away with the stock electric pump what did you do for filters? Did you have any lights come on the dash without the stock ford pump?

Mounted a Racor PS-120 pre screen to a crossmember under the cab and ran 1/2 lines from the tank to the Cummins lift pump.

DSC00485.jpg

Used a non draining spin on filter for a 94-95 in the 12v's stock location.

DSC00484.jpg

Check engine light is on but that's probably from all the stuff that's not connected to the computer now.

Last edited:
I have a 24v but using the stock 6.0 pump. How are you triggering to come on? I tried using the Ford PCM at first but had hard starting issues and went to using the Cummins ECM for a trigger. I used the pump and secondary filter housing as well because I didn't want to buy multiple filters or throw away a new unused filter. Also how are you regulating pressure? I just used a simple check valve and it has worked fine.

All this being said I have just started to have low psi issues. I don't know if the 200k pump is getting weak or the check valve is going bad but need to look into it. If it is the pump I have a 6.7 HFCM ready to go in and will sump the tank at the same time.

Back