Legit. 9 second (or better) 12v racers grab your slips, and step inside.

Most of my appreciation for the CSI dodge didn’t come until later, realizing that it wasn’t chopped to bits like guys are doing now, and still running very low 9’s is very impressive.

Also the trick MPM torque converter and fat input shaft made those low 9’s possible. Bolt together converters were mainly a gas application back then. Too bad I won’t really test the capability of my MPM converter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most of my appreciation for the CSI dodge didn’t come until later, realizing that it wasn’t chopped to bits like guys are doing now, and still running very low 9’s is very impressive.

Also the trick MPM torque converter and fat input shaft made those low 9’s possible. Bolt together converters were mainly a gas application back then. Too bad I won’t really test the capability of my MPM converter.

That MPM converter was nice. The ATS converters would only last 1-1.5 passes before the lockup clutches chit the bed.

Not many people know this, but it also has a Steve Griner valvebody with transbrake. I think it was the first 4x4 with a brake.

That MPM converter was nice. The ATS converters would only last 1-1.5 passes before the lockup clutches chit the bed.

Not many people know this, but it also has a Steve Griner valvebody with transbrake. I think it was the first 4x4 with a brake.

That’s super cool.

With the Right pump, but to many valves, I have been 6.01 with Mild Timing. I dont care to run out the back door, but should be deep into the 9s.

I am in the same boat as him. Truck went 6.01 but I will not be running out the back, no thanks. Should be a 5 this weekend if all goes well.

Do I make it on the list! 9.25@150 is best to date on fuel only! Gone slower and broke more since I added spray �� all steel body too.

Do I make it on the list! 9.25@150 is best to date on fuel only! Gone slower and broke more since I added spray �� all steel body too.

Hell yeah this would make the list.… Any more details on the build ? How about the weight...… Have any videos of the run....

On paper, my setup should run 9s. Single Billet S483, Farrell stage 5 13mm and a set of ungodly flowing 5x.0022s, Weston said they flow close to what a normal 5x.0028 flows. Estimating the truck weighs around 5300 and its still all steel with a gutted bed and no interior. Its a new setup and I'm super excited to get it to the track this season and see what she can do.

Back