BorgWarner 57849882005 turbo specs.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Boost is energy held back
What I'm looking for is the specs of the BorgWarner equivalent/version of the GTA4502V turbo. The part number for the BorgWarner is, 57849882005. I'm looking for the comp wheel inducer and exducer size and the turbine wheel inducer and exducer size. As well as the A/R of the turbine housing. Trying to decide if going with the borg has any advantages other than price.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Probably not much difference between the two if they are deemed to be equivalent. +/- .5mm here or there is nothing to compare when a different brands housings are involved. You would need to find first hand experience between the two different part numbers. I'd say pick which part number is less likely to give trouble.

Measurements I took from a Garrett unit. I don't know BW was making a replacement. I believe the Garrett Ex housing says 1.7 A/R

Comp IN Comp EX Comp trim Turbine IN Turbine EX Turbine trim
VGT turbo 70 102 47 83. 78. 89

Probably not much difference between the two if they are deemed to be equivalent. +/- .5mm here or there is nothing to compare when a different brands housings are involved. You would need to find first hand experience between the two different part numbers. I'd say pick which part number is less likely to give trouble.

I'm sure they have to be close, otherwise it wouldn't be a direct replacement. With new technology out there compared to the 06 Garrett, the borg might be able to flow the same air, but with a smaller comp wheel.

The borg is a through is a through bore on the conp wheel, the Garrett is a boneless. The borg would be easier to mode if a guy wanted to.

Measurements I took from a Garrett unit. I don't know BW was making a replacement. I believe the Garrett Ex housing says 1.7 A/R

Comp IN Comp EX Comp trim Turbine IN Turbine EX Turbine trim
VGT turbo 70 102 47 83. 78. 89

The specs for the Garrett are all over the internet. I can't find any on the BorgWarner turbo. Thanks for jumping in though to help.

Last edited:
Back