Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area-Ford > Ford Tech > 6.4 Powerstroke
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

6.4 Powerstroke Discussion pertaining to the newest-generation Powerstroke.

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2015, 03:58 PM   #1
02Dmax

Name: 02Dmax
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
08 F450 - baro sensor?

If someone knows where there's a good thread to answer this question. Please point me to it. I searched and read through a bunch but couldn't make heads or tails of most of what I was reading.

My truck is an 08 F450 with the 6.4 diesel. H&S XRT PRO set on "tow". Straight exhaust with DPF delete. EGR delete with BD manifolds and up-pipes. S&B filter and intake. 153,xxx miles. Oil changed at 5k religiously.

The truck keeps throwing a P2263 code. When it does this it will build alot of boost and run like ****. Usually I park it because it runs hotter and causes blowby and just makes me nervous in general. In the past replacing the EBP sensor has always solved the issue. But lately I replaced it and it only lasted like 3 days before the issue was back. I've put like 6 of those sensors in it now.

Recently I was told that the EBP, the MAP, and the Barometric sensor work together to control boost and if any of those 3 is out of whack it will make the others inaccurate.

So I replaced the EBP, the MAP, and the IAT since they were both carboned up and nasty. 1 day later - issue is back. So my though is that its now narrowed down to the baro sensor. And from what I'm reading said sensor is located inside the ECM?

If this is true is there any way to troubleshoot it and make SURE that's what it needs? With the BD up-pipes the EBP sensor is now located directly on the pipe so I've also wondered if the heat is too much for that sensor there since it was on that mickey mouse tube from the factory.

Any help is appreciated and if there's a good thread please point me to it. I've had good luck with the truck overall and would like to keep it. But it's a work truck and I need it daily so I can't be fighting stupid issues like this. Thanks again.

'78 International Service Truck with DT466. Don't knock it 'til you try it.

Old 12-08-2015, 06:53 PM   #2
wise guy

Name: wise guy
Title: poop box hero
Member`s Gallery
check your mass air flow default is 149.75 hz my local value is 155 hz about 650 feet above sea level higher the elevation the lower the value i dont have chart in front of me it is in the pced manual.Typically using an aftermarket air filter causes contamination of the sensor use of any oiled air filter will destroy mass air flow sensor and cause false readings look at baro hz pid is simple test. also check your pressure sensors koeo make sure values are same usually around .8v

Closed Thread