RPM limiter on autocal/ mercenary

12valve

Diesel Boy
Got a mercenary Level 1 from Anarchy Diesel but am only seeing 3550 rpm free rev and pulling on a 5.9. They told all limiters are removed and the only limiters are physical. What's everyone else's experience?
Most everything else is stock

Yea you would need to state what RPM you would want the fuel cut to be. You also wouldn't want to rev much higher on a stockish truck.

Thanks
What's safe on a stock motor, short amount of times?
And what needs to be changed to turn 4k. I asked for a higher rpm tune now. I'll test tomorrow
Took the truck out sled pulling and could have used a few more RPMs.

I think 3750 is safe for short periods. Any higher and you should really have some decent valve springs. Mostly you're just not making power up that high, the stock turbo really chokes after like 3000rpm. I personally wouldn't try to fuel too hard at higher rpm. Any stock trucks that I tune, I have the fuel cut at about 3500 and shift points at like 33-3400rpm.

You can do 4k on a stock motor. I used to turn my WS/DD truck to 4200 intermittently. Most tuners will be safe, 3500 is very safe and that's where I set them for customers unless they request different in which case I inform them of the limit and the risk.

You can do 4k on a stock motor. I used to turn my WS/DD truck to 4200 intermittently. Most tuners will be safe, 3500 is very safe and that's where I set them for customers unless they request different in which case I inform them of the limit and the risk.

As soon as I go over stock rpm limiter the waver comes out to get signed, no need to be liable for someone dumbness.:dead-horse-fast2:

Thanks guys,

Well John at Anarchy told me the normal tune had no limiter, but after I insisted, Cody sent me a new tune, turning 4k very easlily. :D
And i requested less smoke on low boost condition for our high elevation, and both my requests came out like expected.

Back