I need to know everything about nitrous

You can have a bottle here in CA, but the valve has to be closed. If the system is inoperable, you can claim it is a show or "dress up" piece.

On a side note, nobody seems to be telling this guy much about nitrous LOL

Nitrous and twins work but not insanely efficiently. Single spray and an external wastegate work well. It's super air all the air you will ever need in a bottle. Roughly 370 degrees below zero. Spray it evenly progressive kits are nice I reccomend spending the extra money on one. Bottle pressure not so much of a big deal on diesels 1000psi is plenty.

FYI. Nitrous oxide in it's coldest state is only -127F at 1 atmosphere. Stored in the bottle under pressure temp warms up drastically in most cases ambient at 1100 psi or so. Liquid nitrogen is is only -319ish F in it's coldest form again at one ATM.

Not taking a jab just giving input. The shorter your lines and heat sinks and lower injection pressures will net cooler denser nitro. Bottle pressure swings affect temp of gas which can have a big variance in end use results.

THIS:
On a side note, nobody seems to be telling this guy much about nitrous LOL

Caused me to reread this:
<p>search function works wonders. so does a telephone, when dialed into a nitrous company.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>jus sayin</p>
<p><font size="1"><i>CompD Mobile Device</i></font></p>

All I can say is that my phone really screwed the pooch on that one! LMAO

Here it is in the GA code book..

cfd287b6.jpg

sooo back to putting this on my truck lol. educate me more on what it does please.

GTSMF:redx:

EDIT: here is a start for you....
What Does Nitrous Do?

Physiological effects last a minute or two for a lungful of nitrous and then mainly dissipate. Some residual effects may last up to several minutes later. Unlike other drugs, the effects of nitrous very rapidly recede. As noted in 1845, "Those who inhale the Gas once, are always anxious to inhale it the second time." When inhaled, nitrous produces a variety of physical effects including:
  • Disorientation (both spatial and time-based)
  • Fixated vision
  • Throbbing or pulsating auditory hallucinations
  • Similarly pulsating visual hallucinations
  • Increased pain threshold
  • Deeper mental connections
  • Lowered vocal pitch (opposite of helium)

Last edited:
lol.

The way I've always understood (in lehman's terms), is it lowers intake temps and helps burn more of the injected fuel, correct? And that also helps spool up.

And also as far as I'm aware, it's illegal to spray in every state. But don't quote me. Some states allow you to carry, others say it must be disconnected. What I don't get is why nitrous is banned, while things like propane and w/m are allowed. I know they're primarily used for towing/mileage/etc... but what happened to over-reacting and just banning everything?

Last edited:
I actually had to get a permit from the state to handle, possess, sell or purchase Nitrous Oxide Gas in the state of NJ.......

As long as the valves are closed- Remote Switch easily flipped- I'm not breakin any NJ state laws.........

Try buying it! Searched for 2 days hear in Southern Ca only place selling is a parts store for $9.00 a pound what a rip off!

Riley, I would guess your truck would have enough fuel to spray an extra. 4-5 tenths out of it at the track, whether you could do it without creating too much drive pressure and explode your HX40, I don't know.

Lavon

Back