DPF waiver

diesel_importer

Don't know if this is the best section for this, but what are most shops doing as far as DPF deletes? Do you make your own waiver for customers to sign or what?

Brett

We're currently looking into this as well. Wording is very important, so that it covers all basis. It's not an easy subject to overcome by any means.

Easy enough to me.

Nothing you can write will help you, if the DA gets something in their craw you might go to prison.

But I think that goes for everybody doing anything. We might all get sent to prison for breaking a meaningless law at any given time. It's the American way.

My thoughts are sell them the delete pipe/tuner/ etc and have them sign a waiver stating that they are only using the truck for offroad racing.. Then if they want the product installed; it's cash only no receipt... Goes right into my front shirt pocket.. Don't ask don't tell...

Sound logical?

No not at all. Meet with a lawyer for an hour and have him type something up.

This...^^

We are currently looking at the emission law, and making sure we are doing things correctly. WE as a manufacturer want to offer you guys the best american made exhaust system that complies with all federal (no matter how stupid they are) laws.

"says here you ordered 5 offroad use only exhaust systems, yet you dont have any in stock and no money to show they were purchased"

Not that I would EVER remove any emissions equipment, but post #5 is the most common. I definately think it would be worth it to get a lawyer to write up a waiver though.

I have most of a waiver written, but need to finish it, basically saying its now a off road vehicle and is not allowed street driven, up to customer how it leaves our premises and what it does in there possession, but built as a race/offroad vehicle that Will no longer be an on road application. Basically putting it up to the customer as there choice whether they drive it on the street or not

Last edited:
plenty of paper trail when you order the product

Order what? Straight pipe can be used on any truck! Tune licenses can be used for any year! Misc steel plate from the fab shop blocks other places...

Last edited:
Sounds like the way you do business crooked as ever!!!!!

Yeah ok, he's the crookedest guy ever.:what:

I don't see what the big deal is. On gassers you can't remove the cats, but if a customer brings in a vehicle sans cat, you're not required to reinstall it.

Dark tint is illegal....it's not illegal to apply it, it's illegal for the operator to operate it on the street.

Back