wanted - good 2.8 turbo

seeker1056

gear head
lookingto buy a decent 2.8 turbo, needs to be able to spool as low as possible as it is going on a VE pumped truck

will look at all offers, including any that may neeed a rebuild (no physical damages) if cheap enough

thanx
Ken

Turbonetics SuperT 72/2.8, 1.0 divided and .81 undivided, T4 for both housings, non wastegated. Less than 500 miles, full ball bearing.

$1750 + shipping.

Chris

max rpms will be in the 3800 range but more likely to be 34-3600 as it is a VE pumped motor with a 4000 rpm spring

Might be a little big...I'm not a sled puller, so I really don't know for sure. It will be tough as nails though:D

Chris

Came with an engine I bought.

34-3600 could be OK, but I don't know on a VE. On a p-pump with enough fuel, it would lite...VE's aren't my territory:D

I was going to run it on top a 3.6" charger in twins on my drag truck, but I'm using a ball bearing 2.8 charger I have instead.

Chris

I have a 2.8 with a .9 housing. Street cam and a ported head. Below 2900 the truck would fall off the charger. The k31 with the .83 housing would probably be the best bet. I think the k31 have a more aggressive turbine wheel, so that would help, and the .83 housing would help also.

You ran Brandon's 2.8" didn't you....what kinda R's were you running down the track??

Chris

I think the housing choked me I left at 5200 as I went down the track it just slowly lost RPM untill it just stopped no bark or anything? That had that tight housing machined for it, like this big o.
Brandon

Back