13mm P-pump won't come off idle..

Lwellswssm

I have a 96' 12v, just got the pump redone with 13mm plungers and barrels, quick delivery cam, the truck won't hardly throttle off idle speed, pump shop says its in timing, i got it from them pinned at 20* bumped it 10* both ways and hardly makes a difference, any advice would be much appreciated

I have a 96' 12v, just got the pump redone with 13mm plungers and barrels, quick delivery cam, the truck won't hardly throttle off idle speed, pump shop says its in timing, i got it from them pinned at 20* bumped it 10* both ways and hardly makes a difference, any advice would be much appreciated

If timing was so far off as to cause this issue, then it would likely not even start, or if it did, would likely have lots of white smoke.

Does it just "choke out" at any but the slightest throttle input?

Starts up really well idles good smokes white at idle and when you give it throttle it wants to die sometimes will but not always and fuel shutoff solenoid is removed to assure that its open all they way and has 45psi of lift pump pressure

Sure sounds like timing. When I first went with a 13mm pump I started out at around 20*, it would just flood out at any throttle input. Are you running a keyed adjustable gear? I never could keep mine from slipping with a stock gear.

I'd back up and start at the beginning if I were you. Just in case the pump shop pinned the timing incorrectly.

I'd set it to zero using the spill port method. Then roll the motor where you want the timing. Clean the shaft and the gear. Then bolt it up. That should at least let you get it started and check everything out. That would help eliminate the chance of a "mis"timing issue.

Tell us what the rest of the setup is.
Delivery valves
Injector lines
Injectors
Pistons
Fuel supply pump
Fuel return setup

Who built the pump?

Afterwards, you can pop the gear off and move timing wherever you want.

Back