Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Tech > 2007.5-2013 6.7L
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2018, 11:20 AM   #41
SPEEDSHIFT

Name: SPEEDSHIFT
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudn_1 View Post
Carli Tuned Fox 2.0s, for the money you cant beat them. Paint them black to prevent rust issues?
Same, I have ran my current set of 2.0s on two trucks for over 300k miles with no issues.

If you want the best DD shock, call Carli or Thuren and have them build you a set of shocks to your liking. They are expensive compared to a set of $400 shocks though.
2013 3500 4x4 Aisin Dually Tow Rig

Tenacity Tuning, Longs Machine Shop, BD Diesel Performance

Old 08-02-2018, 08:09 AM   #42
CorneliusRox

Name: CorneliusRox
Title: Seasoned Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Got my shocks in. Unfortunately, I've got to work today, and then we're on the road right after for a week long road trip. I wish these shocks would have come a day earlier like I paid for... I put a coating of some clear on them last night so they'd have some extra protection from the MN salt.
Click the image to open in full size.

Don't mind the clothes. The wife wouldn't wash them after wheeling all day on some RZRs.
I highly recommend the RS1 if anyone's thinking about it.
Click the image to open in full size.

Old 08-10-2018, 11:02 AM   #43
CorneliusRox

Member`s Gallery
I got back from vacation Wednesday night, and got the shocks installed last night after work.

One thing I discovered I never knew, the previous owner did swap shocks and apparently I've been running Bilstein 5100 shocks that were spray painted black. They're actually pretty clean too. The seals look good, no rust, bushings are alright, and they are a son of a ***** to compress, just like they should be.

I've only driven the truck, with these installed, to work today. My commute entails a drive down a few miles of dirt road, through a city with rough roads, on the interstate for 30 miles (half is nice, half is really rough), and the last two miles into work is some of the worst paved roads you've ever seen.
It handled like a dream! It keeps the tires planted quite a bit better than the last pair. Usually I can't do more than 45mph on that last stretch without the tires coming off the ground a little, but I did 65 no problem today.

Obviously this is day one, and I need more time on them, but I just wanted to give initial feedback.

Also, thank God I didn't buy Bilstein 5100's because I would have been pissed when I removed the old ones and found out I already had them!

Last edited by CorneliusRox; 08-10-2018 at 11:04 AM.

Old 08-10-2018, 11:12 AM   #44
USARMY12V

Name: USARMY12V
Title: Rally round the Virginian
Member`s Gallery
Reminds me of one time I saw a dude on Cummins Forum put in “new 5x12” injectors on his 12V and he was pissed it ran the same as “stock.” Turns out the company he bought them from told him his cores were 5x12’s hahaha.

I may need to invest in some new shocks in the northeast. Potholes are horrendous. Or a trophy truck. Can’t be sure which would be the better option at this point.

"God gave them 24 for those too dumb to use 12."

Be a happy dinosaur

1998 QCLB 5.9 Auto Under the Knife

2010 MCSB 6.7 68RFE Draconian MCC soon to be EFI, Deleted

Old 08-15-2018, 08:21 AM   #45
CorneliusRox

Member`s Gallery
I still haven't towed anything heavy, but I've got about 500 miles on these shocks now and I'm still really happy with them.

Unloaded, they feel very planted when hitting potholes and bumps around turns. The valving is great for high speed. Previously I had the slightest shimmy if I hit a bump on just one tire on the interstate and that's completely gone.

Loaded (only has about 4,000 lbs of weight behind it), I felt really confident going around corners and at speed. I had to load the trailer poorly based on what I was doing and my tongue weight was so low that I could lift the pintle by hand (caught me off guard), and the truck still handled great.

That's my quick review for you guys. If anything happens and my opinion changes, I'll update you. I'm extremely happy with these Rancho 7000MT's though.

Old 08-15-2018, 10:13 AM   #46
chevota84

Name: chevota84
Member`s Gallery
Sweet, I'm glad to hear it. I've always had really good luck with ranchos and the 7000 seems ideal for a heavy diesel pickup. I'm not sure where the bilstein 5100 hype comes from, in my experience they felt vague and squishy even before they blew out.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Old 03-13-2019, 08:43 PM   #47
J-Pipes

Name: J-Pipes
Member`s Gallery
Finally found the thread I was looking for! Any updates?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Old 03-14-2019, 08:31 AM   #48
CorneliusRox

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Pipes View Post
Finally found the thread I was looking for! Any updates?
Yeah! Still daily driving my truck. Probably ~8,000 miles on them and I still love them. They kept me pretty planted through the winter, and the roads are really bad right now because everything is thawing and the road got beat up by plow trucks. It is still a 3/4ton truck with stiff springs, so it's not going to be smooth like a 1/2ton, but I'm still very happy with these and think they compliment the truck well.

The steering stabilizer is great too. Monotube like OEM but I think the valving is stiffer and nitrogen pre-load is a bit higher. The seals are great and no leaks. It feels better over high speed bumps (no hint of death wobble or anything), but it makes my steering a little less responsive. I MIGHT adjust caster a little to try and get that responsiveness back. I'm going to wait until my dirt road dries out before crawling under the truck though.

After their first winter, there's no corrosion at all on these shocks.

Old 03-14-2019, 10:16 AM   #49
J-Pipes

Name: J-Pipes
Member`s Gallery
Awesome!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Closed Thread