Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Starting Line > Competition Vehicle Build Tech > Extreme Engine Tech
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 06:46 PM   #121
SHughes

Name: SHughes
Title: Too much is never enough!
Member`s Gallery
Hogue is crank around which all of diesel motorsports revolves...just ask him, he'll tell you.

Epically post by a dumb phone.

Old 07-26-2012, 06:54 PM   #122
Dockboy

Name: Dockboy
Title: Comps BFF
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by COMP461 View Post
I know that 1000 rpm’s per second is close to unachievable in a diesel with any kind of appreciable power.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockboy View Post
1,210 rpm rise in 1.00 seconds real world data from an actual pass. RPM rise in 2nd gear. This is from a 10.52 pass at 6800 lbs and big heavy $hit in the engine.

Click the image to open in full size.

Imagine what it would be if I wasn't loosing 40%

Waiting for the explanation of how I achieved the "unachievable" O' Great One...

Old 07-26-2012, 07:11 PM   #123
SHughes

Member`s Gallery
It didn't happen on an engine dyno so it must not be real.

Old 07-26-2012, 07:49 PM   #124
Fahlin Racing

Name: Fahlin Racing
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance@Alligator View Post
my head hurts....
A cool beer should help.

Old 07-26-2012, 08:33 PM   #125
JasonCzerak

Name: JasonCzerak
Member`s Gallery
TDI revgains 1500rpm/second datalogged!! suck on that joesixpack and dockboy!!!

Old 07-26-2012, 09:06 PM   #126
COMP461

Name: COMP461
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockboy View Post
Waiting for the explanation of how I achieved the "unachievable" O' Great One...
Never said the motor will not do it, it just will not make the same power it does at less acceleration rate.

The sad part is you don't grasp the concept of process engineering engine development, I try to give the people on here insight of how it’s done, and you want to act like circus monkeys at feeding time trying to prove me wrong.
The funny part is some of the people you would never guess on this forum are now coming to me in the last few weeks for help on this concept.

As to TDI, here is the fastest land speed TDI at the Texas Mile its ramps up just fine, with high compression light parts and advanced cam timing design

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 07-26-2012, 09:19 PM   #127
JasonCzerak

Member`s Gallery
Greg.. Cince ur so smrt...

Why are you not working for say...... anybody developing race engines?

Old 07-26-2012, 09:36 PM   #128
COMP461

Member`s Gallery
Who says I'm not. You want to grill me when I show pictures of my accomplishments over the past 25 years. But I didn’t get to play in the big leagues for my looks. I’m doing development work on the diesel race engine now. When I first started with the diesel and convinced Greg to do cylinder head work for me, everyone said that it was not needed. I went with ultra-high compression 8 years ago.
Contrary to you and the others beliefs a lot of people listen, they enjoy these tech threads. And I get a lot of feedback on the people that mess them up for everyone. If you want to contribute that fine.

Old 07-26-2012, 09:55 PM   #129
JasonCzerak

Member`s Gallery
No greg.... no.

Renault, Ford cosworth, ferrari, roush,yates, etc, etc.

Old 07-26-2012, 10:06 PM   #130
driveshaft

Name: driveshaft
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Has anyone ever seen any of supermans development work actually develop into anything that works well, or is someone else always involved in supermans creations that work well.

Old 07-26-2012, 11:26 PM   #131
Dockboy

Name: Dockboy
Title: Comps BFF
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Never said the motor will not do it, it just will not make the same power it does at less acceleration rate.
Basically, you did say it wouldn't do it! You also said if it did, it will not make any power.

Quote:
I don't believe a diesel will even make power at 1000 rpm's per second.
Quote:
I know that 1000 rpm’s per second is close to unachievable in a diesel with any kind of appreciable power.
Quote:
I’ll tell you now, any of the diesel engines in existents now will more than likely not light a charger and accelerate at a true 1000 rpms per second rate.
JSP showed you his dyno graphs proving your statements false. You come back with "it's not an engine dyno so it doesn't mean anything and won't translate to what happens on the track".

I showed you datalogs of my actual passes showing 1,200 rpms per sec. (which you said only Pro Stock engines can do), making enough "appreciable power" to be accelerating 6,800 lbs. at .988 g's and lighting chargers from 60 to 85 psi during that period.

You come back with I "don't grasp the concept of process engineering engine development".

Quote:
The sad part is you don't grasp the concept of process engineering engine development, I try to give the people on here insight of how it’s done, and you want to act like circus monkeys at feeding time trying to prove me wrong.
The real sad part is that JSP, myself, and many others that you try to act superior to actually have running vehicles, that we built and paid for, and are out proving things with them. You, on the other hand, are doing exactly what?

Quote:
The funny part is some of the people you would never guess on this forum are now coming to me in the last few weeks for help on this concept.
No, the funny part is how you constantly post a bunch of pictures everytime someone questions your idiotic statements. And no one really cares how important it makes you feel that some people "come to you".

Greg,

If you would just shut your trap and go out and show results, people wouldn't give you so much crap and you would have some credibility. But for some reason, that is a foreign concept to you. Don't you find it odd that all the "innovating" people you try to associate yourself with don't feel the need to post about their accomplishments? Isn't it strange that most of the true "pioneers" in diesel performance rarely, if ever, brag about what they have done, or are doing, or need to post a bunch of worthless pictures to validate their work or themselves?

I hope your glaring insecurities don't ruin all your grandiose ideas, but unfortunately I believe they will eventually.

Old 07-27-2012, 05:23 AM   #132
Fahlin Racing

Name: Fahlin Racing
Member`s Gallery
I see a lot of people proud of their accomplishments and state them, no problem with that. However, EVERYONE has jumped the gun on or about how things will be & could be.

I myself think anything is possible, you just have to have the correct parameters for the engine to do this and that over this amount of and points in the rpm range of operation. All Hogue is stating is what he regulates his engine acceleration rate that he has seen sucessful power production correlate to how he has his drag machine tuned. Anyone's rig is not one and the same period.

I think this has turned into a thread of who can rev their engine up the quickest and move when IMO, you can go up to quick, your cam operation range may be above peak rpm and your power will be down probably, the only thing that matters is what happens on the track. You just forget what the dyno said, that is just a reference tool after you have built and broken your engine in. Unless you have a million dollar Dyno like RCR in the Cup series, you won't have a dyno that can simulate track conditions accurately.

I believe you have to have the right engine accel with the right accel rate of the vehicle itself in the environment you have present. You can't leave out the your tire contact patch with everything leading back up to your engine mounts. One last thing, weight transfer.

Old 07-27-2012, 07:29 PM   #133
SHughes

Member`s Gallery
Dockboy....I don't believe anyone that impersonates a military officer deserves any respect!!!

Old 07-27-2012, 08:41 PM   #134
COMP461

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahlin Racing View Post
I see a lot of people proud of their accomplishments and state them, no problem with that. However, EVERYONE has jumped the gun on or about how things will be & could be.

I myself think anything is possible, you just have to have the correct parameters for the engine to do this and that over this amount of and points in the rpm range of operation. All Hogue is stating is what he regulates his engine acceleration rate that he has seen sucessful power production correlate to how he has his drag machine tuned. Anyone's rig is not one and the same period.

I think this has turned into a thread of who can rev their engine up the quickest and move when IMO, you can go up to quick, your cam operation range may be above peak rpm and your power will be down probably, the only thing that matters is what happens on the track. You just forget what the dyno said, that is just a reference tool after you have built and broken your engine in. Unless you have a million dollar Dyno like RCR in the Cup series, you won't have a dyno that can simulate track conditions accurately.

I believe you have to have the right engine accel with the right accel rate of the vehicle itself in the environment you have present. You can't leave out the your tire contact patch with everything leading back up to your engine mounts. One last thing, weight transfer.
The super flow with the right software will put a motor thru the run down the track with the correct acceleration rate. I have use the Go Power as well, with either the Land and Sea control, or D pack. The best dyno facility is the one that Gale has at GBE.

This winter I will put my motor on the pump and beat on it. With my gearing and the Coan Mega convertor which I have run down the track since 2004 I have a good data base on the rates that the motor will see once it comes off the convertor.

I’m looking forward to racing the G.M. Performance Parts Dmax Dragster in Top Dragster at many NHRA events in the coming months.
if you want to hear more go to the pod cast on MotorTrend Radio

I recently did a segment on Motor Trend radio outlining the rise of diesel as a clean and efficient performance alternative power plant.

Old 07-27-2012, 10:46 PM   #135
inline6power

Name: inline6power
Title: more hp than you
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
The super flow with the right software will put a motor thru the run down the track with the correct acceleration rate. I have use the Go Power as well, with either the Land and Sea control, or D pack. The best dyno facility is the one that Gale has at GBE.

This winter I will put my motor on the pump and beat on it. With my gearing and the Coan Mega convertor which I have run down the track since 2004 I have a good data base on the rates that the motor will see once it comes off the convertor.

I’m looking forward to racing the G.M. Performance Parts Dmax Dragster in Top Dragster at many NHRA events in the coming months.
if you want to hear more go to the pod cast on MotorTrend Radio

I recently did a segment on Motor Trend radio outlining the rise of diesel as a clean and efficient performance alternative power plant.
Wonder how long till you let go from this program or in your words leave the program. Same thing that's happened how many times now? Wernt you suppose to have your car ready in a couple weeks? Wow is all I have to say

sent from my galaxy s3

59 blown alky 565 truck

Blown small block jeep on alky

Blown 588 mid engine rail on alky

1966 el Camino 572

NADM member # 042

HUGE thanks to Reb Brown and Eric Brown for all the help along the way.

Last edited by inline6power; 07-27-2012 at 10:48 PM.

Closed Thread