2wd work stock

i still have a set of wheels off my 06 i just sold and after seeing how lynn hooked up at beans i might set up singles with agressive tires and try that

around here some allow full block and some require 1'' clearance. and a few allow t-bars. and the truck that pull 2wd are allowed 30'' hitch height.

Lynn's truck actually hooks better with the dual tires. We were just barrowing those singles to see if we could pick up some ground speed. The duals we have are 33's (which are now on my daily driver). The singles were 35's. Traction really isn't a big issue with running 2wd. Getting enough weight over or behind the rear axle to get good traction, and a good gear ratio for pulling is the key thing. Between a 13.5-14.2 final ratio is where you want to be at. I believe lynn's is at a 15.2 right now and it is way too slow for the high speed sleds we have around here. Also another problem is getting a 1 ton rearend to last more than a couple hooks. No telling how much mony Lynn's threw away at the D80 we ran before.

Last edited:
Running a stock GM 2.5 ton rearend. Not sure exactly what it is but it's a 6 lug pattern like the F106 with 5.17 gears and factory full floating axles. I would say it weighs about 1/3 more than a F106 though.

do all the pulling groups require the cross 3/8 bolts in the exhaust or do i need to worry about that with the work stock

On the 1 inch of travel.. a few years ago when i started pulling we had that rule.. we made some solid stops but then also used a set of air bags to hold the suspension to the 1 inch limit even with all the weight hanging on the back of the truck. When i hooked to the sled of course it pulled everything down on the solid stops.

i am kicking around the idea of triangulated 4 link with bags just so unloaded drives don't require a kidney belt this is an aluminum bed on the truck so almost no weight on the springs

i am kicking around the idea of triangulated 4 link with bags just so unloaded drives don't require a kidney belt this is an aluminum bed on the truck so almost no weight on the springs

Some rules say no 4 link so i would make sure exactly what ya can get away with before ya begin.

I just used the airbags as helper bags so all of my factory springs and such was still intact.

Last edited:
yeah i will check into it i have seen kits for other trucks that bolt the lower links into the front spring perches

wife has given the go ahead for a built transmission now to find a quality builder or a great price on a pre built unit

Back